• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Roberts just voted with the liberal 4 justices shooting down an abortion law in Louisiana. A similar Texas law he voted in the other direction.

I'm not so sure a bet on SCOTUS is a good one. RBG needs to die and soon.

It’s going to take a lifetime to change the makeup of the MD legislature. My hope is that Trump and Grassley work quickly to fill any and all the empty judgeships throughout the country.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    It’s going to take a lifetime to change the makeup of the MD legislature. My hope is that Trump and Grassley work quickly to fill any and all the empty judgeships throughout the country.
    Grassley is out. I believe the SC senator runs the committee who is just as good

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    HB 96 has me very concerned. Well, actually they all do, but this one could be a big issue for me. Although I had read somewhere that there was to be an exception for loaning a firearm to a spouse or child, I dont see that in the text. My problem is that I live with my girlfriend. We have lived together for 6 years and are a family, but we are not married. So if this bill gets passed, even with an exception for a spouse, I am screwed. She's not a big gun person but of course she knows where the keys are to the gun safe. This crap is so not right. I thought using a gun in the commission of a crime was already illegal. Why is this needed and exactly what crime is it going to stop? Yes, I know where I live - those are rhetorical questions.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I know some of you guys won't believe us when we tell you this, but if you are not out there in the social media sphere countering the approved narrative and mass talking points, you have already ceded the battlefield.

You have got be out there wrestling with the pigs on FB, Twitter, the newspaper comments sections.

The Capital FB page has a pretty much one-sided session going laying out Brian Simonaire, one of our few reliable friends in the MGA. If we are not out there countering the discussion, he will view us as disinterested and will eventually go with the flow.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Ol' Larry showed up for blaze camo day with the Fudds Coalition but still haven't seen nor heard a peep out of him on these bills.

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    I dont do social media and will never do it. My private life is my private life. I barely post on this board in that it makes me nervous even doing this. I do what i can to support the cause. I donated $200 to MSI yesterday. I sent email to 5 people I know who are gun owners but dont really follow this crap. I asked them to forward the email to 5 additional people each. I know most of them will. I'm trying to wake up the FUDDs that I know and can reach.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I know some of you guys won't believe us when we tell you this, but if you are not out there in the social media sphere countering the approved narrative and mass talking points, you have already ceded the battlefield.

You have got be out there wrestling with the pigs on FB, Twitter, the newspaper comments sections.

The Capital FB page has a pretty much one-sided session going laying out Brian Simonaire, one of our few reliable friends in the MGA. If we are not out there countering the discussion, he will view us as disinterested and will eventually go with the flow.

Okay, signed up for Facebook and posted some comments on the Captial Gazette's page on the background/transparent gun story. Maybe someone will read them before Gazette pulls them? :sad20:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Hes_right_you_know.jpg

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I dont do social media and will never do it. My private life is my private life. I barely post on this board in that it makes me nervous even doing this. I do what i can to support the cause. I donated $200 to MSI yesterday. I sent email to 5 people I know who are gun owners but dont really follow this crap. I asked them to forward the email to 5 additional people each. I know most of them will. I'm trying to wake up the FUDDs that I know and can reach.

Make up a fake account if you don't want your real name out there, pull some pictures and tag them as yourself, friend some public figures......it ain't hard.

Yes, it will eventually get found out but that will be weeks/months from now.

Meanwhile, you get to counter the narrative.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    My rabidly anti bookface friends have already defriended me. Oh well. The ones who are on the fence actually ask for my reasoning and more than a few have come around. As for co-workers, that’s tricky, you have to feel each other out before a frank discussion. So far, I’ve gotten a couple to come around

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Make up a fake account if you don't want your real name out there, pull some pictures and tag them as yourself, friend some public figures......it ain't hard.

Yes, it will eventually get found out but that will be weeks/months from now.

Meanwhile, you get to counter the narrative.

Just remember, EVERYBODY lies on the Internet. Have fun! :party29:

ETA:

If anyone is looking for dirt, this might be a good place to research for meme material:

Blackface photos found in old University of Maryland yearbooks
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...md-umd-blackface-yearbook-20190208-story.html

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just remember, EVERYBODY lies on the Internet. Have fun! :party29:

I have 5 or 6 accounts....makes for interesting discussions with myself on FB when trying to purposely counter the narrative.

Oh, and for all of the lurkers that are looking for that gotcha moment.....screw you...you are the masters of the sock puppet.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Does it seem to anyone else like there is a lot more activity against the bills this year than there was in 2013? I have been telling every pro gun person I know and sending links to the bill, telling them to write, call, share. All of them are upset and nearly all of them are doing it and spreading the word to those they know. I know its an uphill battle but I'm getting the impression that more people are active than before. Anyone else getting that?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Does it seem to anyone else like there is a lot more activity against the bills this year than there was in 2013? I have been telling every pro gun person I know and sending links to the bill, telling them to write, call, share. All of them are upset and nearly all of them are doing it and spreading the word to those they know. I know its an uphill battle but I'm getting the impression that more people are active than before. Anyone else getting that?

I've been pontificating to every gun owner I know and sending lots of emails to legislators (well, I do the later and a bit of the former every session. But a LOT more this time around).

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

That’s tough to gauge. There were approximately 4000 pro 2A people in Analpolis in 2013. Maybe many of them weren’t previously engaged, but became and remained so. Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    They can't even get the entire Republican caucuses in either house to cosponsor the shall issue bill which is the most minimal of act. You don't even have to be responsible for it because you know the bill is dead.

What an absolute joke

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well, I did it. :puke: I logged into facebook today, mostly just to spread the PP MSI link. I found a bunch of new old "friends," and probably got the ball rolling to lose some. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom