Saturday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
    Sunday - 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
    Admission is $9.00
    Kids under 16 FREE with a paying adult

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I might be going to this one. Then by Heritage. So cold last couple weeks I'd like to shoot inside since shooting out the window of the truck out in the field, like my paw taught me, is very limiting ... but easier to find my brass!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Just a standard Silverado show...more of the same with little change. I'll go because it's just the other side of town. Can't really hold Silverado responsible...due to Maryland's ridiculous laws outside vendors won't come into the state anymore. When gun shows die in Maryland the legislators can say they did nothing unconstitutional...it was vendors who decided to not come that killed gun shows. It's a passive-aggressive form of gun control but the end result is still the same.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Any of our IPs plan on being there? Can think of 3-5 that are in the surrounding area. If so please let us know and also what you plan on bringing. Would make it a lot easier if looking for certain items. Just an idea.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just a standard Silverado show...more of the same with little change. I'll go because it's just the other side of town. Can't really hold Silverado responsible...due to Maryland's ridiculous laws outside vendors won't come into the state anymore. When gun shows die in Maryland the legislators can say they did nothing unconstitutional...it was vendors who decided to not come that killed gun shows. It's a passive-aggressive form of gun control but the end result is still the same.

True. But also let's face it. Gun shows are so 5 minutes ago. How many firearms have you purchased at a show versus online in recent years?

[EDIT] Don't get me wrong - I go to gun shows and still will. But I think times have changed.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Fair point. The advantage of a gun show is you can look at the merchandise in your hands...no relying on photos. Having the greenbacks for the seller to sniff can go a long way to making a deal.

Shows are also where you can find parts and accessories vendors don't bother to post online as well.

Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    Noob

Any expert advice if I find a handgun for sale by a private party ? Experiences, especially when cash changes hands and how the walk to
    the MSP for transfer can go smoothly. The email to me with the PIN
    number seems like a stumble point.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I wish there was a way to know which vendors would be there. I like this show but I need some reloading supplies and sometimes it would be nice to not leave empty handed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Is there still a dearth of ammo dealers at MD gun shows?

I stopped going a few years back, because way pay an admission fee just to buy overpriced ammo, when I can have it delivered to my house cheaper?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I wish there was a way to know which vendors would be there. I like this show but I need some reloading supplies and sometimes it would be nice to not leave empty handed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have a much better selection at the Gettysburg show, on the following weekend.
    At the Frederick show, there is usually 1 or 2 venders on the left side of the main building, that have powder and maybe some primers but the bullet selection is much smaller. You might find the bullets you want at one of the smaller sellers tables, but it's hit or miss usually.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You have a much better selection at the Gettysburg show, on the following weekend.

At the Frederick show, there is usually 1 or 2 venders on the left side of the main building, that have powder and maybe some primers but the bullet selection is much smaller. You might find the bullets you want at one of the smaller sellers tables, but it's hit or miss usually.

Yea I like Gettysburg but I’ve got to work next Saturday. I may shoot for Sunday but I’ll run the risk if some supplies being sold out.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    I'll be at the Frederick show with a buddy of mine...hoping to pull the trigger on another 10/22. There was a nice model for $250 (coulda haggled it to ~200) at the Timonium show but I ended up being convinced it'd get my head on a pike with the lady since I just brought home a shotgun not too long ago.

Hoping to find either that, or a Moss/Rem 500/590/870.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I plan on shooting at the Machine Gun Nest Saturday morning, so I plan on taking a look. Maybe go before I shoot, in case something catches my eye.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’m going to try to be there tomorrow when it opens. Friends and I are doing the Pourhouse Trivia playoffs at Champions later in the morning so I won’t be able to stay at the show for too long unfortunately.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    SCSG is here and set up, stop by and see us! We have a bunch of C&R rifles in stock, Mosins Arisaka's SKS's Mausers. We also have a bunch of rifles and pistols marked down for quick sale, come check out what we have! !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom