• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes, send me $49 and I will send you the information to get your carry permit. It's as easy as 1-2-3.

Step 1-Pay me my money.
    Step 2-Start a business where you carry and transfer $25,000 in cash every day.
    Step 3-Apply for your Carry permit.

See, I told you it was as easy as 1-2-3.

I hate seeing this misinformation, even in threads like these.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Safety should never take time off. You practice like you play. As an instructor, I would insist on protection while on the range AT ALL TIMES. Shame on them for putting this out.

Not even sure they're on a range? I sometimes do a blue gun exercise, establishing a "firing line" in the classroom to work on grip, muzzle control, and range officer commands--how anybody can call a cease fire,etc. We do this the evening before, in the classroom. On Saturday we go over it all again, of course but I certainly don't insist on "eyes and ears" in the classroom.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would offer them this.

I will take your class for free. WHEN I get my MD W&C permit, I will pay you double your advertised fee. :)

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Any company that plays this game should not be getting our business. They are specifically exploiting our desire for freedom to make money. Screw these guys.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Don't want to be around that cocksure swagger on a firing line. /\/\/\/\

The best trainers have some humility about themselves, their weapon status, and what they can offer.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Some more interesting reading from their website:

Maryland Wear and Carry/Delaware CCP

This course teaches you everything necessary to be able to safely and responsibly carry a firearm on your person while in the People's Republic of Maryland. We will teach you in depth the laws pertaining to carrying a firearm in Maryland, when and where you can't carry, drawing and holstering your firearm, open and concealed carry, we will over the fundamentals of good marksmanship in depth. Students will fire an extensive amount of live rounds throughout this course, including practice and qualification. Student will accurately discharge their firearms from distances of 3, 6, and 15 yards.
    Students do not need to bring anything for this course but may bring their own firearm and ammunition for the live fire portion. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to properly apply for their Maryland Wear and Carry a requirement to purchase a handgun in the People's Republic since October of 2013.

:shrug:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And some more:

Multi-State Concealed Carry Permit Course (UT/FL/VA/AZ)

Our multi-state concealed permit carry course will prepare students to apply for their permits in Utah/Florida/Arizona/Virginia and is approx. 5 hours long, during which you will learn about the laws pertaining to the carry of firearms, different types of holsters and methods of carrying, drawing your firearm, loads/reloads/malfunctions, and what to do after a self-defense scenario. Upon completion of this course, students will leave with their two required passport photos and their training booklets. Students will be mailed their passport photos and training certificate the following business day. The cost of this course is $180 and comes with all for certificates. This course also counts as 8 hrs towards the Maryland Wear and Carry training certificate.

:shrug:

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    I actually commented on this very post on Facebook. I asked if anything was in writing and how is this possible, etc. The only response I got back was that Military with a high security clearance and victims of the OPM hack are being approved if they provide appropriate documentation and that a lack of documentation was the only reason for disapproval. They also said they are putting together a video of people recently approved based on these circumstances. I call BS. We shall see though.

I have considered putting in for Maryland W&C due to my new position on the prosecution team of the 9/11 conspirators, but since I work in Virginia I doubt it would be approved. Oh well. I will continue to not carry a firearm in Maryland and trust the MSP to make sure I don't get any holes in my body that I wasn't born with.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    After going to their web page, I thought I'd check out the training for an HQL. Not only is the price out of line ($120) there's something in their ad that makes no sense. See if you can find what I'm talking about.

Maryland Handgun Qualification License(HQL)

This course teaches you all of the basics of handguns including but not limited to basic safety rules, types of handguns, nomenclature, disassembly and maintenance, and the basic fundamentals of shooting. Students will fire in accordance to the MSP requirements during the live fire portion.
    Students do not need to bring anything for this course but may bring their own firearm and ammunition for the live fire portion. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to properly apply for their Maryland HQL, a requirement to purchase a handgun in the People's Republic since October of 2013.

This certification comes free with the Maryland Wear and Carry certificate.

Did you find it? It says you can bring your own firearm and ammunition for the live fire portion. Well... if you already have a handgun, aren't you exempt from this training requirement? If you can bring your own firearm, then why are you taking this course?

Am I wrong?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I just found out one of the guys who works for me took their HQL class. It was not in a class room or Holiday Inn conference room like pictured in the video but inside a barn with a couple of fans blowing 100 degree air around. The fire 1 round was into a ditch on the same farm. Was told the price included everything but then got a phone call the day before to be sure and bring $65 cash for the fingerprinting. He was kind of pissed at that since his wife took the class also so an extra $130 for the class. Was told security clearance + OPM breech was good enough to get CCW. He's done some reading on here as a guest but I'll see if I can get him to sign up and make some more comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom