• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    Guys,

This type of event normally causes groans, but it is REALLY important.

I am organizing a group from SoMD to attend. We make a day of it. Attend the rally, get a free hat, visit our legislators, get lunch, visit bass bro, Angler's, etc.

PLEASE Join us.
    MHC-Blaze%20%26%20Camo%20Day%20Flier-Orange.jpg

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    Who is this new startup? http://www.mdhuntingcoalition.org/

How do they plan to integrate into the 2A fight?

Some of the same characters from the Maryland Legislative Sportsman's Foundation that dissolved a year or so ago. This new group is focused on hunting. The website explains it pretty clearly. http://www.mdhuntingcoalition.org/MHC_Please_Read.html

As far as 2A Fight... There is no need to integrate. Hunters are already shoulder to shoulder with MSI, NRA, AGCs, etc.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I understand, you want it clearly spelled out. I'm not a board member or anything, but I have worked with them closely on the Newtowne Neck State Park issue.

It will help people to understand who this new organization is, and how they fit into the big picture.

Success stories like that needs to be put out, to assist with their name recognition. :thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Who is this new startup?

How do they plan to integrate into the 2A fight?

I think a more pertinent question is whether they'll integrate or dilute those organizations' efforts.

I fall back on an old saying to help evaluate the true intentions of a new "2A friendly" group:
    Follow the money!

Are they really just FUDDs?
    Who are the sponsors?
    What are the funding sources?
    Is there a paid staff, and if so, what are the salaries?
    What have they done lately?
    Ever?

I'll reserve judgement.

Right now it seems they've planned one activity in a row. And that seems to be a knockoff of 2A Tuesday. I wonder if this won't turn off the legislators to 2A Tuesday. Their timing is suspect in my opinion.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Always hear that the hunting community doesn't support the gun community on here cause this and that law don't affect grandpaps deer rifle. Hello, most hunters don't just own a deer rifle or bird shotgun. They got other guns also for fun and self defense. Goes both ways, united front people.

Some general info. They are a hunting organization attempting to unite the various different statewide hunting groups to create a larger voice/force to deal with the state gov and DNR. Gunners and hunters have the same general interests at heart. Stop the gov and politicians from taking away our right to own and use guns and taking away or limiting our ability to hunt. One helps the other in some way or another.

Some of the same people in this were down in Annapolis during the SB281 stuff. It is free to join. Sign up and you get their alerts and newsletter. If you want to donate great, it is appreciated. Volunteers. Created within the last year to try and fill the void created by the loss of the old Maryland Sportsmen's Association mad up of hunters and the Maryland Legislative Sportsman's Foundation.

They got the new proposed ban on hunting in Newtowne Neck State Park reversed since there is a rule of no net loss to hunting on some book. Currently working on liability issues relating to hunters on private land so the landowner is not liable. Also fighting the Horse peoples push to eliminate all the new Sunday hunting laws that were passed over the last 2 years.

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    I don't see any problem with having two separate days. Rest assured there will be plenty of Hunters at 2A Tuesday. It is no threat - no attempt to undermine. It's good. The more times Legislators see gun owners, and hunters, the better.

I also think it's good to have a Hunting Lobby Group. It would be a complete waste of time for organizations like MSI to prepare testimony on Deer Management or Waterfowl baiting laws.

I'm telling you... this is a good thing.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Look, lets get this out of the way right now. The 2A crowd does not support the hunting crowd because the 2A crowd could care less what the hunting regs are. Meanwhile, the hunting crowd does not support the 2A crowd because the FUDDS believe they will still be able to hunt one way or another even if most firearms are banned/outlawed.

Me, I'll try to make the February 5th Blaze & Camo Day and I am definitely making the February 10th 2A Tuesday event.

The infighting is really disturbing. Me, I try to educate as many Fudds as I can while I am out hunting, and I try to educate as many TactiDudes as I can while I am at 2A events and/or shooting events.

All we need to do is to throw in Cycling Day and this thread would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dare I even check that chatboard to see if there is such an event in Annapolis? I know there was one once upon a time for bike lanes and the 3 foot law. lol

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll chime in here, since I know some of this history.

There has never been an effort to exclude hunters from the 2A fight in MD. Quite the opposite. We made a point to get out and let them know what the status of the fight is, and the growth of the movement is due in large part to the hunters, outdoorsmen, and IGMs coming on board. There is a new awareness out there that is most welcomed, and it irks me that there are those who still seek to divide us from within.

The request to not come to the rallies in Annapolis in camo had nothing to do with hunters, and everything to do with appearing respectful and respectable before our elected officials. It came about because of some issues back in 2012 and 2013, with several tacti-cuckoos showing up with replicas and cut-outs of EBRs, and spewing rebellion and sovereign-citizen crap. As these folks were understandably detrimental to the message we wished to portray, we made an effort to move away from that. It could be said that those folks contributed to the passage of FSA13.

Now, I'm willing to take at face value that this newly (re)constituted group is working for the greater 2A goals for us all, and have quietly been hoping that someone would do just that. The more groups who are legitimately petitioning the GA for reasonable 2A relief (and eventually full 2A restoration), the better.

I'm getting sick and tired of us eating our own... particularly during the GA session! Imagine the shit-eating grins on the faces of Mike & Mike when they see this stuff (and rest assured someone there is looking).

And people wonder why we end up 2 steps forward and 3 steps back........

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'll chime in here, since I know some of this history.

There has never been an effort to exclude hunters from the 2A fight in MD. Quite the opposite. We made a point to get out and let them know what the status of the fight is, and the growth of the movement is due in large part to the hunters, outdoorsmen, and IGMs coming on board. There is a new awareness out there that is most welcomed, and it irks me that there are those who still seek to divide us from within.

The request to not come to the rallies in Annapolis in camo had nothing to do with hunters, and everything to do with appearing respectful and respectable before our elected officials. It came about because of some issues back in 2012 and 2013, with several tacti-cuckoos showing up with replicas and cut-outs of EBRs, and spewing rebellion and sovereign-citizen crap. As these folks were understandably detrimental to the message we wished to portray, we made an effort to move away from that. It could be said that those folks contributed to the passage of FSA13.

Now, I'm willing to take at face value that this newly (re)constituted group is working for the greater 2A goals for us all, and have quietly been hoping that someone would do just that. The more groups who are legitimately petitioning the GA for reasonable 2A relief (and eventually full 2A restoration), the better.

I'm getting sick and tired of us eating our own... particularly during the GA session! Imagine the shit-eating grins on the faces of Mike & Mike when they see this stuff (and rest assured someone there is looking).

And people wonder why we end up 2 steps forward and 3 steps back........

Thank you.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom