• ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I think this is one to watch.

Police are charging man they shot. They snuck up on house and shot him. Im sure there more to it, but damn.

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/c...unced-shoot-dad-in-back-through-window-video/

“The only thing we saw were people wearing all black with no lights with guns in our yard,” Huff’s wife, Leah Freeman said.

As Huff walked through his home, an officer spotted him through the window and opened fire, shooting Huff in the back. He dumped several rounds through the window, severely injuring Huff.

“Andy screamed, ‘I was shot,’” Freeman said. “When I ran out into the hallway, I saw him fall backwards. I turn him over and there it is, on the upper portion of his buttocks on his back and he’s bleeding profusely.”

Police admitted Huff never fired his weapon and now Baumgartner is calling for the officer who shot him to be arrested.

“Andy said that he saw five people outside with guns on them,” Freeman said. “But he didn’t say that they were police.”

“This is like the all-American kind of scene of a dad protecting his family,” Baumgartner said.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If what lawyer says is true, cop is toast.

Case is PG County years ago - cops bust through front door, guy shots one. He walked because no one, including other officers, remember anyone announcing "police".

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    There's a lot missing from that article. It's mostly from the attorney of the recipient of the police rounds. My main question is "Why did the police return at 2130 after having talked to Huff at 1330?"

Maybe after talking to Huff, the cops caught up with Gutierrez, and after interviewing him, determined that Huff should be charged with assault and menacing? And the 2130 activity was to serve an arrest warrant on those charges, which were the ones filed after the shooting that Huff's attorney incorrectly implies were related to the raid?

There's still the question about Huff getting shot in the back, which, taken on its face, looks like wrongdoing by the PD. But what if Huff's house, like mine, has windows in opposite and adjacent walls, and a cop who was looking through a window behind him saw Huff aim at another officer outside another window?

OTOH, maybe reality is as Huff's attorney asserts, which would imply a series of major LE screwups. But the article is written poorly and is trying to elicit an emotional response, rather than report facts without judgement, so without additional reporting, there's no way to separate the agitprop from the facts.

Can't journalism schools turn out actual reporters anymore, rather than opinion writers??

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Well, there is always more to the story. Maybe when he saw the "5 guys with guns"....who he didn't know where cops, even though he "spoke with " cops earlier that day.......Maybe he should have figured they were cops....and just maybe he shouldn't have "darted back in the house and got a gun" and maybe he shouldn't have been armed when the nice police man was giving him orders......and maybe then he wouldn't have gotten shot.....after he had apparently committed "an assault" earlier that day" as the video said...

We park down the street on the routine, so we don't get shot parking in front of an address. So that sounds good to me........I would bet there was all kinds of yelling about being the "police" when they saw him, and he ran inside and got his gun, but no one knows until the body cams are released....I'm sure his lawyer is telling the whole side of the story.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It seems to me there ought to be a less confrontational method of dealing with this sort of situation. A squad of police in black tactical gear in someone's yard in the dark of night confronting a citizen known to possess weapons - what could possibly go wrong? Certainly law enforcement ought to have more, and more flexible, tools to get the job done without escalating to the level seen in this incident.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    maybe, till ya run inside and grab a gun...things change then I kinda guess...

I hate that as a society we have come to a place that people can't just be decent humans and if you screwed up face the music without making it a life and death kinda thing.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    maybe, till ya run inside and grab a gun...things change then I kinda guess...

Sounds like a good time to be screaming “POLICE! FREEZE!”

Or something similar.

If they never announced who they are and didn’t have vehicles with flashy police lights, it isn’t unreasonable to say someone should arm themselves.

And I’ve have much respect for police, but unless or until they announce who they are, they are trespassers on private property. When it’s the dark of night especially, arming yourself isn’t unreasonable and police responding with lethal force if they haven’t announced who they are IS unreasonable when they are on someone’s private property. Even if they might have legitimate fear for their lives or whatever.

Both people might have legitimate fear. But sorry, shooting someone on their own property is totally unreasonable if you haven’t given them at least the tiniest chance to realize they are confronting a cop. Not someone there to rob or murder them (well, okay, the cop might not be there for that. Usually).

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like a good time to be screaming “POLICE! FREEZE!”

Or something similar.

If they never announced who they are and didn’t have vehicles with flashy police lights, it isn’t unreasonable to say someone should arm themselves.

And I’ve have much respect for police, but unless or until they announce who they are, they are trespassers on private property. When it’s the dark of night especially, arming yourself isn’t unreasonable and police responding with lethal force if they haven’t announced who they are IS unreasonable when they are on someone’s private property. Even if they might have legitimate fear for their lives or whatever.

Both people might have legitimate fear. But sorry, shooting someone on their own property is totally unreasonable if you haven’t given them at least the tiniest chance to realize they are confronting a cop. Not someone there to rob or murder them (well, okay, the cop might not be there for that. Usually).

Wait, you were there and know what actually happened?

Please fill us all in and then when you're done you can explain the use of lethal force based on your training and experience not your assumptions.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In before the ban.
    What would you do if you saw armed people dressed in black with no lights in your yard?

1. Walk out into the yard and ask who are you and what are you doing in my yard?

2. Arm yourself, move your family to safety and then try to call the police?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    In before the ban.
    What would you do if you saw armed people dressed in black with no lights in your yard?

1. Walk out into the yard and ask who are you and what are you doing in my yard?

2. Arm yourself, move your family to safety and then try to call the police?

Forget 3. Put on tactical mall ninja vest with plate carriers, 14 mags(std load out is 7, but I don't have to move much in the house), binary trigger(come and take it), sidearm with thigh holster (30+ rd mag of course) so it bangs on every wall in the house and shoot at every shadow that moves before identifying what it is. All this because yes, Call of Duty.

everything above is sarcasm, in case no one picks it up.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    The body can footage will be interesting to see.

I will not judge until the footage is released, both body can and neighbor.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    I thought you had to be playing board games with your kids before police could legally shoot you through a window?

Lesson learned, keep your blinds and curtains closed at all times!

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    So agreement:
    Altercation earlier, police called. earlier. left.

Now, they show up unannounced. Reason not stated.
    Aurora is a rough area.

So, Defense
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/16/colorado-aurora-police-shooting-andrew-huff/
    Police first responded to Huff’s home shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday for a call about a fight between Huff and his roommate, Baumgartner said. Officers interviewed Huff and left after Huff gave them his phone number, the attorney said.

Police showed up at 11:30pm

Said huff was by vechicle ran in house. Grabbed gun. So they shot him.

Attachments

• Longunhufff.jpg
      Longunhufff.jpg
      18.5 KB · Views: 338

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    That bodycam picture looks like a cartoon drawn by a 1st grader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom