• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There's a freaking 500 foot monument to a slave owner in the center of DC where slaves were sold in the 1800's.

Tear that sucker down!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    f26ee43d6b326768e3d3738cc2854003.jpg

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I don't think either side did a real good job with prisoners in the Civil War. That is the only interesting point to me.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ISIS

I used to live in Salisbury and worked near the plaza.

I never noticed the sign. But then again I wasn't looking for it.

I'm offended by all kinds of crap. I choose not to look at or experience it. It's easy.

Pissing and moaning should not be an occupation or preoccupation.

They doing same thing. Removing history...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    The Confederate Army fought for the antithesis of one of the Founders main principles, mainly that "All men are created equal". What's hilarious is the "butt hurt" is apparent on both sides of the issue. People are enraged that a piece of rock that they never visit is going to be moved somewhere else.

You exhibit in this post for all the classic logical fallacy of using contemporary reading spectacles to view and attempt to interpret historical events and their players' motives. The reason most soldiers (not politicians, newspaper editors, rich firebrands, etc.) fought was out of a sense of duty(or adventure) in order to repel a Northern Army sent to Southern States to subjugate them. I forget the famous quote of some Johnny Reb in a prison camp(I believe) who, when asked why he was fighting said something to the effect of "because you all are down here!"

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    These folks that want to remove all references to the Confederacy are not that different then the Taliban or ISIS. All three want to remove history their history. If no one remembers slavery did it really exist, history is history good or bad. It is said that one should learn from history but if there is none to learn from we are doomed to repeat. Chris

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Slavery existed and the states of the United States fought a Civil War, these are historical facts and to deny them is the same as trying to deny the Holocaust happened. Leave the monuments and if you want to espouse a different view erect some monuments of your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom