MSP: FIREARM PURCHASE APPLICANTS WITH APPLICATIONS PENDING ON OCT 1 WON'T NEED HQL

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Trying to take as much sting out of the lawsuit as possible. Absolutely disgusting.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    But this is way beyond using reasonable discretion on a minor issue. This is outright telling people that they can ignore a law as long as it fits a parameter that exclusively benefits the MDSP.

This is like telling people that they can ignore speed limit signs for the next two months because the MDSP ran out of tickets, and didn't feel like ordering more ticket books until just before they ran out.
    They are issuing guidance that is theirs alone to issue (under law) on a new regulation they are responsible for promulgating, in response to a new law that has not gone into effect with no jurisprudence, practice or amalgam.

That's CYA. So is me saying I am not a lawyer.

Let's see if this sticks. I sense discord in the gun control universe...

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    They are issuing guidance that is theirs alone to issue (under law) on a new regulation they are responsible for promulgating, in response to a new law that has not gone into effect with no jurisprudence, practice or amalgam.

That's CYA. So is me saying I am not a lawyer.

Let's see if this sticks. I sense discord in the gun control universe...

They have a legitimate ability to issue guidance on how to adhere to a law, or on what is not in compliance with a law.

I doubt that they have the authority to lawfully provide guidance on how to violate a law.

This was an even bigger mistake than the 77r issue, in regards to their own credibility and in future court cases where their opinion is at issue.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Me? I'm printing out the MD State Police announcement and putting the yellow highlighter across the words "will not enforce the law". Then it goes in my glove box. Next traffic stop I'm handing it over with license and registration...

PilotDude...chill, bro...it's not like they are letting criminals go free....Have you ever seen the movie "Bridge Over The River Kwai"?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    They also testified yesterday that the HQL is required and purchasers that are not exempted will not be able to pick up without it.

This choice to govern by fiat worries me. MSP states that they will not enforce the law which is a violation of the roles of the Executive Branch. It also does not mean that the AG can't decide to go after purchasers anyway (two separate Executive departments).

Do you have a link to the video, and know at about what time mark that statement was made?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    DAMNIT!!!!

I mean yay but damnit! I was debating ordering a 1911 frame but knew I wouldn't clear the 8 days before 10/1 I gave up. Now Im not sure I will get it to the FFL in time!!!!! Fek me!

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    They have a legitimate ability to issue guidance on how to adhere to a law, or on what is not in compliance with a law.

I doubt that they have the authority to lawfully provide guidance on how to violate a law.

This was an even bigger mistake than the 77r issue, in regards to their own credibility and in future court cases where their opinion is at issue.

Quite possibly. The question I have is whether the AG will sign on to the MSP viewpoint. If so, it's not much different than them saying you don't have to provide an SSN for the HQL even though the law says they do.

They make this up as they go along.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I am 50/50 this survives through lunch.

Your points are valid. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    MSP web site has been down for hours. Is the next press release that their site was hacked and the press release did not come from them? :)

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    WARNING Conspiracy theory - So those with money left go out and buy handguns and on 9/30 the MSP retracts their statement and force people into getting HQL.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Not only am I glad to we this but I look at this as a positive movement for all gun owners. Whether it was us showing what we want or the "all along" plan of the MSP, I still like to believe we made a difference.

Thank you all for working hard to help support our habit... :D :thumbsup:

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Me? I'm printing out the MD State Police announcement and putting the yellow highlighter across the words "will not enforce the law". Then it goes in my glove box. Next traffic stop I'm handing it over with license and registration...

PilotDude...chill, bro...it's not like they are letting criminals go free....Have you ever seen the movie "Bridge Over The River Kwai"?

Yes I have. But I preferred Street Kings and Training Day. And I liked To Live And Die In LA even more :)

Sorry. Too many years of seeing misconduct by senior executives, and an organizational acceptance of the lack of ethical behavior and integrity, makes my blood boil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom