Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM #21
EXTREME GUN OWNER

EXTREME GUN OWNER

IMO the most important thing to protect yourself and avoid becoming a victim is to always be aware of your surroundings and avoid dangerous places or situations. When I got attacked by violent criminals I saw them coming and had time to get ready to react. If I hadn't seen them coming, they would have definitely had the advantage.
WeaponsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM #22
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponsCollector View Post
IMO the most important thing to protect yourself and avoid becoming a victim is to always be aware of your surroundings and avoid dangerous places or situations. When I got attacked by dangerous criminals I saw them coming and had time to get ready to react. If I hadn't seen them coming, they would have definitely had the advantage.
Criminals don't care if you see them coming. They know the odds of you being armed are infintismal. A criminal choses a target based on ease of target. It's more likely you will get jumped then Mike Tyson getting jumped. They want you to comply out of fear of being injured or killed and that you will give up easily the items they want be that money or jewelry or what ever.

The Police say just comply because there is more paperwork if you are injured or killed during a robbery.
petergriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergriffin View Post
Criminals don't care if you see them coming. They know the odds of you being armed are infintismal. A criminal choses a target based on ease of target. It's more likely you will get jumped then Mike Tyson getting jumped. They want you to comply out of fear of being injured or killed and that you will give up easily the items they want be that money or jewelry or what ever.

The Police say just comply because there is more paperwork if you are injured or killed during a robbery.
Well cpt. Couldn't be more wrong, if you get killed its actually a lot less paperwork for me. a LOT less. The reason your advised to comply is because out of the 1000 robberies I have been involved in (on the good side ). I have found that most who comply generally walk away unharmed.

Yes it's like gambling but I'd take the odds of walking away over dying anyday.

I mean it's up to you all on how you plan to react but let's be honest when looking down the barrel of any gun with 2-3 foes around you your going to comply. Odds aren't exactly in your favor, iPods and cell phones can be replaced, your life can't.

For some reason you seem to think that all robbers wi guns want to kill you which is completely wrong.
mpdc4511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM #24

Guns are the problem guys. None of these stick ups would have ever happened if those upstanding citizens hadn't been granted CCW permits.
Walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM #25

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthomas229 View Post
Trouble with that is, you're depending on the good graces of the asshole with the gun not just shooting you anyway.

I speak from the aspect of a person that has looked down the barrel of a gun during a robbery. Luckily he had not been properly instructed on the operation of a firearm, and used it as a club instead of shooting me with it- after I had "complied".
^^^^

MPDC, of course no ones life is worth a pizza or $40 bucks. Me personally I would give them what the want and run, draw my gun to defend myself if need be, and call the police. Even though like you say 99% of robbery victims are unharmed, I dont want to be part of that 1% that is harmed.

I personally wouldnt deliver pizzas in the city without level IIa body armor anyway...just sayin.
Dklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM #26

I think 2 or 3 robbers getting shot in the face would greatly reduce the number of these instances, don't you think?

I wish the police would say "get a gun, get training, and waste those clowns."
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergriffin View Post

If legally carrying in MD ever becomes possible, hopefully criminals will reconsider the odds.

But if the criminal is coming towards you, you should pull the gun right then and there. Before he gets to you. They will back off, lest they enjoy lead showers.
Walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdc4511 View Post
Well cpt. Couldn't be more wrong, if you get killed its actually a lot less paperwork for me. a LOT less. The reason your advised to comply is because out of the 1000 robberies I have been involved in (on the good side ). I have found that most who comply generally walk away unharmed.

Yes it's like gambling but I'd take the odds of walking away over dying anyday.

I mean it's up to you all on how you plan to react but let's be honest when looking down the barrel of any gun with 2-3 foes around you your going to comply. Odds aren't exactly in your favor, iPods and cell phones can be replaced, your life can't.

For some reason you seem to think that all robbers wi guns want to kill you which is completely wrong.
Not to minimize your personal experience, as I have mucho respect for LEOs (Even MSP) but wasnt it the study by Gary Kleck that pointed out your odds of survival are better with some type of resistance vs. no resistance at all?
Dklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dklo View Post
^^^^

MPDC, of course no ones life is worth a pizza or $40 bucks. Me personally I would give them what the want and run, draw my gun to defend myself if need be, and call the police. Even though like you say 99% of robbery victims are unharmed, I dont want to be part of that 1% that is harmed.

I personally wouldnt deliver pizzas in the city without level IIa body armor anyway...just sayin.
I agree no one wants to be that 1% and as I stated the feeling of helplessness is a terrible feeling. That's why I stated above its a gambling game and when complying the odds are in your favor. Not a good situation all around and a I pray none of you will have to be involved or involved again.
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dklo View Post
Not to minimize your personal experience, as I have mucho respect for LEOs (Even MSP) but wasnt it the study by Gary Kleck that pointed out your odds of survival are better with some type of resistance vs. no resistance at all?
That I'd have to look up as I haven't heard of it. Most robberies I have seen are 2-3-4 people robbing 1-2 people. Stregenth in numbers.....who he could take on 4 people who are armed?

Thank you for the study though I'm going to google that.

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues