• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I honestly have no idea about one blowing up but received and email read it looked kinda interesting. They made it sound like they "worked out all" of the kinkys from previous model.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Doesn't appear to be on handgun roster from 2014 model.

I wonder if that is good enough? Do the subsequent generations of Glocks get reapproved?

I didn't like the feel or the function of the 2014 plastic trigger. I've not held the 2016

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I wonder if that is good enough? Do the subsequent generations of Glocks get reapproved?

I didn't like the feel or the function of the 2014 plastic trigger. I've not held the 2016

Forty some Gen4s were sold in Maryland before the MSP put the skids under them. They had to be approved because of internal design and grip changes. So in some cases... Yes.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Handgun roster is so f.ing stupid! Wasn't it to ban super cheap handguns? Like sub$100 ones?

On the matter of the R51. I would be so reluctant to buy it after the debacle the gen1 was. I'd wait till some got in the hands of a few unbiased reviewers. It looks really nice. But it's a new Remington, which means its born with issues. Hopefully the redux will fix all of them. Mainly QC, which was the biggest problem.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    When Remington says they encountered unforeseen design changes in 2014 in there own advertisement that would make me think hard on that one. Really disappointing to me that you have to go to the custom shop for any decent offerings from them anymore if they even still do that. If it were me I would save up and buy up into a better pistol that's going to be worth more not less in the future. Just my two cents, but you guys probably know more about them "Remington" than me, but if I find myself in a situation where I need a pistol I would explore one with more capacity because I cant shoot. I don't even know what the MSP approval thing is your talking about because I stick with whats approved already and I'm not a lawyer so Ill just shut up.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Given the abysmal failure that was Gen1, I wouldn't go anywhere near Gen2 until it's been proven solid for years, at least 3-5 years. No point in lusting after what might be another turd when there are plenty of proven, high-quality choices in the market.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    AFAIK. Handgun roster board is a agency in Maryland state police that approves new handguns for sale in the state. A new gun has to be submitted and approved to them before it can be sold. I think any cosmetic or features change has to be resubmitted. What a Free state! See sticky at page one of this sub- forum.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Handgun roster is so f.ing stupid! Wasn't it to ban super cheap handguns? Like sub$100 ones?

On the matter of the R51. I would be so reluctant to buy it after the debacle the gen1 was. I'd wait till some got in the hands of a few unbiased reviewers. It looks really nice. But it's a new Remington, which means its born with issues. Hopefully the redux will fix all of them. Mainly QC, which was the biggest problem.

Guess that is why my Phoenix was $109, instead of $89.

I read the R51 can be previewed at Maryland Small Arms Range

Watched the break down video. Looks like they've made some improvements how it comes apart. Very unique gun.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The R51 isn't the only pistol they've goofed up lately. Their 1911's have QC issues as well, and that's not exactly a new design. I won't be their beta tester. Maybe in a couple years, if the real-world results are good.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Does Jeff ever get a dud? I've watched a few of his videos and he seems to get well sorted guns. It seems he has a lot of t&e guns sent to him. His videos would not be a reason to buy anything. IMO. A lot like Guns and Ammo magazine.

ahtucker

Mar 4, 2012
    the 2014 one that went to the Roster Board failed and was tabled Right before the recall. Did one of the 2016's make it to the 28 July board? if not then somebody will send one to the next Board meeting in August I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom