• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Wow! Those parameters, every rifle would be banned. "Any weapon classified as a sniper rifle", like a Remington m700 with a scope?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Pure stupidity. Time to give my buddies in Florida a heads up to shut this nonsense down.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    A little more reading. This should never see the light of the FL state house. Pure Bloomberg money campaign.

I'm not sure if a referendum is up to them? Of course it can be challenged legally I presume. I noted the "sniper rifle" as well. Looks like once again something written by people that have no clue what they are taking about. Imagine bolt action rifles being banned. Not sure that's going to fly. Maybe they rolled the dice to get seven too.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm not sure if a referendum is up to them? Of course it can be challenged legally I presume. I noted the "sniper rifle" as well. Looks like once again something written by people that have no clue what they are taking about. Imagine bolt action rifles being banned. Not sure that's going to fly. Maybe they rolled the dice to get seven too.

You're right I would think. A referendum would go straight into law, if it made it to the ballot and passed. This would strip FL citizens of their 2A right! 800,000 dumb college students would sign it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You're right I would think. A referendum would go straight into law, if it made it to the ballot and passed. This would strip FL citizens of their 2A right! 800,000 dumb college students would sign it.

Broward County alone has near 2M people. If this is for real, and has logistical backing, the signatures are not at all a problem. As noted upthread, the overreach especially wtf is a sniper rifle may be enough to legally kill it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The FBI study of 9mm vs .45 discussed here recently on another thread had an easily overlooked statistic that is vital to the mag debate, and is borne out in almost every police involved shooting we read about:

In real life, stress situations, even trained LEO's hit their target only 2 out of 10 shots.

How is Jane Q. Public going to defend herself with 7 rounds, even if she has some training?

These people live in another dimension. Send them back.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Broward County alone has near 2M people. If this is for real, and has logistical backing, the signatures are not at all a problem. As noted upthread, the overreach especially wtf is a sniper rifle may be enough to legally kill it.

Brenda Snipes already counted the signatures.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Do I remember similar sentiments when the 10 rnd limit suggestions came out?
    Don’t tell me ... .gov and .leo are exempt? No offense meant.

Off to the range ... better get some practice in on the ol’ wheel guns. They may soon want all mags, please tell me I’m wrong.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Referendums - the way to get the useful idiots to do one's bidding. Thankfully, in Florida they require 60% to pass and may also be overturned by the normal legislative amendment process.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Do I remember similar sentiments when the 10 rnd limit suggestions came out?
    Don’t tell me ... .gov and .leo are exempt? No offense meant.

Off to the range ... better get some practice in on the ol’ wheel guns. They may soon want all mags, please tell me I’m wrong.

Government agents will follow the law as long as they are not required to follow the same rules as JQP...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Referendums - the way to get the useful idiots to do one's bidding. Thankfully, in Florida they require 60% to pass and may also be overturned by the normal legislative amendment process.

FL's Constitutional amendment process might require more than a simple vote by its citizens. I believe it's a dead petition.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    When lawmakers blatantly violate the 2a, I don't see a ton of reason why people should continue following the laws they make. The more they infringe on our inalienable 2a rights, the more people will just say "I've tried to work with these people and be law abiding, but f-it. If they won't work with us, I'll just carry whatever gun I want wherever I want anyway".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom