• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Stating the obvious :

Another example that all the gun control in the world can not eliminate bad people from doing bad things.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The gun grabbers always boast that there have been no mass shootings in Australia since the gun ban was enacted.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The gun grabbers always boast that there have been no mass shootings in Australia since the gun ban was enacted.

Don't you mean:
    The gun grabbers always boast that there have been no mass shootings in Australia since the LATEST gun ban was enacted.

"Imagine how many more people would have died without the existing ban ..."

(but clearly we still have more work to do)

Just like:
    FSA 2013 is saving lives every day.

And I also noticed that the story is framed in terms such that the gun seems to have done the shooting. I'm SO thankful that mine haven't murdered us in our sleep.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

There have been bigger mass murders than this in Australia since the gun ban was enacted. Just not with guns

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    From what I understand only about 25% of the guns they were actually trying to collect got turned in. So I am betting the people in the rural areas did not bother to turn theirs in and apparently the government didn't care either. So it was more of a publicity stunt than a true gun grab. One of their issues is that guns are being regularly smuggled into Australia from SE Asia.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I saw a show that focused on guns in Australia. It was amazing the fear every one has of them, including cops guns, when they were allowed to have them. You would have thought all of the firearms were loaded with nitroglycerin when they so much as dropped the slide.

SkipRAA

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 23, 2018
    Smuggled in pieces, built by bikers from sheet metal, buried etc etc.

I heard many second hand stories from friends / cop buddies about all kinds of stupid shit.
    Cops STILL have M16s turned in, they've even had rocket launchers, spent LAW tubes and live grenades handed in.

The buy back did nothing. Where I lived, it was nothing but stabbings and handgun crime; two multiple fatality shootings in the space of 6 months or so in one suburb alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom