• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I wonder how many who are LEO's would refuse such an unlawful order and or refuse any order to disarm americans?? It would be very interesting to see if a local or state LEO and a Fed Agent stand off against each other trying to arrest each other as well.... The Sh$$ would hit the fan very fast and really take a turn down hill...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wonder how many who are LEO's would refuse such an unlawful order and or refuse any order to disarm americans?? It would be very interesting to see if a local or state LEO and a Fed Agent stand off against each other trying to arrest each other as well.... The Sh$$ would hit the fan very fast and really take a turn down hill...

Good question. I think some would quit, but others would do as told, to keep their jobs, and on grounds that the people voted in the politicians, and the judges who the politicians appointed said it's lawful. Look what 4th Circuit, now run by liberals, did with our lawsuit against FSA2013.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I don't think they would ever send leo's to the resisters homes. They know it would be to risky, if they could find enough leo's to except the task. They would freeze bank accounts, garner paychecks and condemn homes. This would force the resisters to turn over their firearms. We as a community would need to band together and support one another in ways that we have yet needed to.

tbmcdermott1

Mar 26, 2018
    Baltimore
    Buy back guns? Has anyone told this twit that according to the FBI there are an estimated 33,000 violent street gangs with an estimated 1.4 million members. I wonder how many of them will be lining up to sell their guns back?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Buy back guns? Has anyone told this twit that according to the FBI there are an estimated 33,000 violent street gangs with an estimated 1.4 million members. I wonder how many of them will be lining up to sell their guns back?
    As others have pointed out, don't use their language of "buy back" as it implies that the guns were theirs to begin with. It's a forced confiscation with an arbitrary level of compensation for lost property (possibly nominal) from the government. More simply, it would be a "gun confiscation" law.

(and, welcome to MDS )

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Good question. I think some would quit, but others would do as told, to keep their jobs, and on grounds that the people voted in the politicians, and the judges who the politicians appointed said it's lawful. Look what 4th Circuit, now run by liberals, did with our lawsuit against FSA2013.

I think the smaller ( and more vilified) the group is that they were ordered to disarm, the fewer would quit.

On the plus side, even if they worked 80 hour weeks for years, logistically, I don’t see how they could effect mass confiscation.

They’ll have to make “voluntary” surrender appear to be the only viable option.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I can't think of many people who would quit their jobs over a matter of principle.

Then there's the matter of who would hire them afterward?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    As others have pointed out, don't use their language of "buy back" as it implies that the guns were theirs to begin with. It's a forced confiscation with an arbitrary level of compensation for lost property (possibly nominal) from the government. More simply, it would be a "gun confiscation" law.

(and, welcome to MDS )

It's a critical distinction.

Equally important, you can't "buy" something that the owner refuses to "sell."

Even in real estate eminent domain proceedings it's not referred to as a "buy back," a "purchase," or "sale." It's a taking followed by "just compensation." But unlike real estate, a banned firearm that can't be replaced can't be compensated for, at any price. It's priceless.

The term, "buy back" must be another one of those creative, phony terms that the Anti's conjured up to try to soften the blow and make confiscation seem to be just, when it isn't. We should loudly reject its use.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It's a critical distinction.

Equally important, you can't "buy" something that the owner refuses to "sell."

Even in real estate eminent domain proceedings it's not referred to as a "buy back," a "purchase," or "sale." It's a taking followed by "just compensation." But unlike real estate, a banned firearm that can't be replaced can't be compensated for, at any price. It's priceless.

The term, "buy back" must be another one of those creative, phony terms that the Anti's conjured up to try to soften the blow and make confiscation seem to be just, when it isn't. We should loudly reject its use.
    Kind of like "red flag". It focuses on the warning sign with an attention grabbing term, but fails to note that the prescription is a gun confiscation by law enforcement without an immediate ability to challenge the claim.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Wonder how many people lie. Let's face it, we as a group wear more tin foil on our heads than many others. If someone on the street asked me if I had a gun, I would say no.....

A what? Why would you want one of those? Eww!

<Westworld>
    It doesn't look like anything to me...
    </Westworld>

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Might as well. The 4th went bye-bye with civil seizures, and had extra dirt piled on with HB1302 and similar laws. The 5th now has many asterisks on it, and the 14th isn't looking so healthy, either. Just about the only amendment not being assaulted daily is the 3rd. But let's not give MGA any ideas.

Don't forget the 9th and 10th in the Bill of Rights. That the Federal Government is limited to "enumerated rights" has long been dead for decades. :sad20:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Proving once and for all (not that there was any doubt) their end game is total confiscation

No doubt about it.

In "common sense" ( :sarcasm: ) increments that are calculated to be small enough to avoid a violent or sympathetic reaction.

That's why the recent phenomenon of mass shootings and other "crises" are such important opportunities for them that they now prepare in advance never to let them go to waste.

One might even imagine that if someone were anti- and militant enough, they could orchestrate and incite crises in order to hasten achievement of their goal.

Oh, but neither the Left nor any of its Deep State actors would ever, ever go that far. That's as outlandish a thought as believing that representatives in Congress or people at the top of the DoJ, FBI, or CIA would try to "fix" our democratic Presidential election or frame a sitting President for a non-existent crime in order to have him impeached. :sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom