• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Australia Admits Gun Buyback Failure, Announces Amnesty
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/10/21/australia-admits-gun-buyback-failure-amnesty
    The Australian government has begrudging and indirectly admitted the failure of their strict gun control laws, which included a gun buyback scheme that has been ignored by hundreds of thousands of citizens.

In a desperate attempt to get guns out of the hands of citizens who refuse to give them up, the Justice Minister has lamely offered an amnesty that amounts to whining, “won’t you please hand over your liberty?”...

:D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    “While Australia has some of the strongest firearm controls in the world, illicit firearms remain the weapon of choice for criminals.”

Shock.. I tell ya.. shocked!!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    In a desperate attempt to get guns out of the hands of citizens who refuse to give them up,

There's the liberal mindset in a nutshell right there. They're "desperate" to get people to give up guns not bothering anyone. No, they're desperate to feel powerful over others is what they are.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    It just infuriates them that there exists something that their dirty money can't buy...and they cannot allow their minds to accept the unspeakable horror that should the fit hit the shan, one gun will be more valuable than pockets stuffed with cash. Go ahead and give 'em up dummies- put ALL your eggs in the capable, trustworthy and equitable hands of politicians and their government.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If there's ever a "mandatory buy-back" or turn-in program here, my guns won't be where they can find them.

I'm sure, if they threaten me long enough, I will eventually capitulate... and at that time, I'll give them a list of names of every liberal I know, saying I gave them the guns for safekeeping.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    The day they Institute a buy back program is the day your guns get "stolen". You just figure some criminal heard about the buy back and broke in to your house to steal some guns for cash.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    There's the liberal mindset in a nutshell right there. They're "desperate" to get people to give up guns not bothering anyone. No, they're desperate to feel powerful over others is what they are.

That's it right there. They have a solution for where there is no problem.

I heard on some radio show a while back--and I wish I could remember what and when--that there are actually more guns in Australia now than there were before the confiscation, er buy back. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :smoke: well, until you surrender your firearms, you will be jailed, your real property will be seized, your automobiles will be confiscated and fines will be Imposed. you will be listed as a felon, and we know where that will land you. aside from not having a job any longer, and the gubment's intervention, you may want to reconsider your option. MOLAN LABE!

If there's ever a "mandatory buy-back" or turn-in program here, my guns won't be where they can find them.

I'm sure, if they threaten me long enough, I will eventually capitulate... and at that time, I'll give them a list of names of every liberal I know, saying I gave them the guns for safekeeping.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And then a war on this soil will happen like none that has ever happened before. The Civil War will look like a skirmish.

"...In a series of unrelated shootings nationwide this weekend, numerous high ranking Liberal politicians have been wounded or killed. A dragnet has begun to capture the unknown perpetrators..."

:innocent0

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This [bearingarms report] flies in the face of everything that Hillary Clinton and our media have been spewing at us about Australia. Hillary just recently said that we need to look at the Australia model.

Has anyone told them about this?

And what "buyback"? Did the Australian government sell those guns to them in the first place, and later it just decided to "buy back" what was its own, thereby putting everyone in the position they were already in? Nyet. So it's not a "buyback," although it would seem more fair if it were, right? Maybe that's why they call it that.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    :smoke: well, until you surrender your firearms, you will be jailed, your real property will be seized, your automobiles will be confiscated and fines will be Imposed. you will be listed as a felon, and we know where that will land you. aside from not having a job any longer, and the gubment's intervention, you may want to reconsider your option. MOLAN LABE!

Relax, we've already stuffed the prisons to the bursting point with illegal aliens. Creating several million new felons by Executive fiat would merely result in the sudden diminishing of tax revenues while draining the Treasury to pay for their upkeep in prisons that we haven't the money to build.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Relax, we've already stuffed the prisons to the bursting point with illegal aliens. Creating several million new felons by Executive fiat would merely result in the sudden diminishing of tax revenues while draining the Treasury to pay for their upkeep in prisons that we haven't the money to build.

And when did this ever stop them?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    It'll be like buy back programs here. They'll get a bunch of junk guns in exchange for good money

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    If liberals paid attention to facts their heads would explode in 3 - 2 - 1...

Earlier today I was reading some "fact checks" on the last debate.

All the liberal MSM sources were throwing poo at Trump about his abortion comments. Their argument was that late-term abortions were "so rare" or "like a unicorn, they don't exist" that his statement was false.

They said there's approximately 12,000 such abortions a year in the USA.

Guess how many gun deaths there are a year? 8,000 to 12,000, but that's an "EPIDEMIC!"

So....is 12K a year "rare" or "epidemic"

Make up your minds!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Earlier today I was reading some "fact checks" on the last debate.

All the liberal MSM sources were throwing poo at Trump about his abortion comments. Their argument was that late-term abortions were "so rare" or "like a unicorn, they don't exist" that his statement was false.

They said there's approximately 12,000 such abortions a year in the USA.

Guess how many gun deaths there are a year? 8,000 to 12,000, but that's an "EPIDEMIC!"

So....is 12K a year "rare" or "epidemic"

Make up your minds!

I hope you e-mailed that excellent observation to the hand-wringing "journalists" who bashed Trump on abortions.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I hope you e-mailed that excellent observation to the hand-wringing "journalists" who bashed Trump on abortions.
    I've pretty much given up. There may have been a day where pointing out such glaring hypocrisy to these people would have sparked something in their heads, but that day is long since passed.

They simply don't care...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom