• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I won't pre-order but when these come out I will straight buy one. I have been waiting for some time for some smart guy to come up with a Glock shaped paperweight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Too expensive, really. I can buy a Timberwolf frame for $235 with everything in it. Yeah, that involves a transfer, but it's not like Glock parts kits are a dime a dozen.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Part of the premium I am willing to pay for a real Glock is the near certainty it will remain intact and not blow up and injure me. My current facial structure and manual dexterity are not worth any discount coupon.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I like the idea, r&r has the right idea though. If polymer80 had a table at a Gunshow I bet the ATF would get a table next to them , with free opinion letters, free finger printing and the like.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Unless you can obtain one at an out of state gun show for cash, you are playing Polymer80 Bingo--a game run by the ATF.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147762&highlight=Polymer80

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=119040&highlight=Polymer80
    The get out of jail free card is the ATF determination letter. It would be a good idea if they had one. Basically, you send a sample to the ATF. You ask ATF, "is this a gun?". ATF Technology Branch says "No, not without some additional machining." Now you can sell "80% paperweights" that ARE NOT guns according to the ATF.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Part of the premium I am willing to pay for a real Glock is the near certainty it will remain intact and not blow up and injure me. My current facial structure and manual dexterity are not worth any discount coupon.
    Get over yourself, you ain't that pretty R&R. A gun blowing up in your face might be an improvement. LMAO just kidding.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Hmm, their video says that this 80% comes with their custom locking block, which has the rails integral to it. I think the rear rails are going to be plastic though, so I don't know how well that will hold up.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I get the feeling they mean the locking block that you buy with your parts kit has the front slide rails on it doesn't it?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Worth keeping an eye on. Let's see the reviews. Polymer80 had some issues at first with their AR lower. If they're asking customers to be beta testers (willingly or not) I'll wait for the second or third revision.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 2,569

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That's because that graphic is covering it up. When I click on the link in the original post, the locking block is the 4th item on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom