• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kgpayne86

Apr 8, 2015
    Awesome. I got one of their anodized test frames a few months ago and was wondering when they would sell them anodized. Good idea with the tape. I would be to excited to even think about that.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Just finished my second Stealth Arms 1911 and this time it was even easier than the first. Both times I was lucky and found high quality parts kits on ebay that basically dropped right in with very little fitting. Had the exact same problem and 10 minute fix with both guns too. The hammer didn't lock back with the slide so all I had to do was sandpaper and re-polish the sear. Now it seems to work fine and I still don't have a caliper or a drill press. Took 2 hours to fit and assemble all the parts on this new frame. Now I definitely need to get a drill press and a caliper before I start on the AR 15 build. I think. :)
    The only markings on this entire gun is the "US" on the grips.....

Very nice. Well done!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    they have anodized frames now? should i melt my old ones down or cut them up with a band saw for being inferior?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    It seems like you will have to modify your frame and/or the grip safety to make it fit while a milspec grip safety will drop right in. If you have the time, money, and patience to do it then go for it. Might get the same kind of grip safety for my next one.

That's the grip safety that I've used on all 3 of my builds. You will need the Wilson safety jig. It took me probably 5 hours on my first one (took it super slow), but my last one was maybe 25 minutes to get it fit.

Note if you get the blued one, you'll need to re-blue it post fitting. When you blend the safety to the tang, you'll wear off that bluing.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    That's the grip safety that I've used on all 3 of my builds. You will need the Wilson safety jig. It took me probably 5 hours on my first one (took it super slow), but my last one was maybe 25 minutes to get it fit.

Note if you get the blued one, you'll need to re-blue it post fitting. When you blend the safety to the tang, you'll wear off that bluing.

want to lend me your jig? i've got two of the safeties incoming based on a recommendation from earlier in this thread

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Just like the frame. I have one and it seems ok.

i dont know how i feel about the trigger bar block being aluminum, as thin as it is, the sear spring's contact, and keeping a finish on it.

maybe im over thinking it, but i'd rather have steel.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That Wilson is a compound radius. Actually the grip safety tail radius is offset down from the pin center. Something like a Smith and Alexander .220" or .250" is easier to fit since both the pin and tail center lines coincide.

Also you could go with the .250" first and if you don't like the fit (or boo-boo'd) you can go to the .220". There is a good bit of metal on them so you can blend to your liking.

I've never used an aluminum gs before but Caspian makes them so they must be reliable. More of that will be the fitter which effects it.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    sweet.

is it something you can mail to me and i can send it back with some cash or paypal you?

Pm me your address and I'll throw it in an envelope regular USPS its a tiny thing so it won't cost much. Probably will be Monday though before I can get it out? Just an FYI there isn't really any instructions to its usage. Attach and start filing when you get close you'll want to switch to Emory cloth to blend to your desire. Most people suggest lapping at the very end but I didnt, just spent lots of time with Emory cloth.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    That Wilson is a compound radius. Actually the grip safety tail radius is offset down from the pin center. Something like a Smith and Alexander .220" or .250" is easier to fit since both the pin and tail center lines coincide.

Also you could go with the .250" first and if you don't like the fit (or boo-boo'd) you can go to the .220". There is a good bit of metal on them so you can blend to your liking.

I've never used an aluminum gs before but Caspian makes them so they must be reliable. More of that will be the fitter which effects it.

I looked at this and determined to stick to the .250". I think the .220" would work but each of my three frames were slightly different. Going overboard might get someone into trouble.

One frame definitely needed the .220" and required more fitting, the other two were closer to the .250"

The Wilson was ambitious for my first attempt but afterwards once I figured out the jig and got good at blending, I quite liked it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I realize you are using a TM frame so I don't have any experience with those. The .220" suggestion was for an over fitted .250". Some frames such as Springfield Armory and some Caspian may require the .220" or the Wilson/Clark type because the top of the frame tangs won't coincide well with the top of the beavertail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom