• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    The FBI is not partisan at all. They like to do one thing and that's nail corrupt cops and politicians. They are accountants with guns after all. If you need proof, they just took down the NY Senate majority leader the other day on bribery charges.

Thanks for this one ray of hope.

I apologize if you work for the FBI and took offense, none intended.

People can and do have these feelings, founded or not, because of things like - say - the LA Police scandals, or say the HHS secretary that did or did not violate the HATCH Act with the Presidential Election

and the like ...

But this is what I'm saying, we need to have an honest system that is based on trust - I'd say things like Obamacare violated that trust when 64% of those polled were against it.

Took my wife about 45 days to get her first handgun

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Contact your County Representative and ask that they contact the AG, MSP, ATF and FBI.

I received an email from the AG about another SB281 issue, and they told me they only answer to elected officials.

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

Don't We the People pay their salaries?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Contact your County Representative and ask that they contact the AG, MSP, ATF and FBI.

I received an email from the AG about another SB281 issue, and they told me they only answer to elected officials.

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

Don't We the People pay their salaries?

Gansler, who is MD's Attorney General, is apparently too busy drinking O'Malley's kool-aid. I guess he can't be bothered with anything the citizens of MD want.

Ore were you talking the Fed AG? Fast and Furious is all I have to say about that

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A Right delayed is a Right denied. A little bird told me there may be something on the legal front regarding this issue.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I thought on earlier threads someone said that their rep was looking into the reason for the delay and was going to get back to us with the response.

Any updates?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought on earlier threads someone said that their rep was looking into the reason for the delay and was going to get back to us with the response.

Any updates?

We know why they are behind. Their current workforce allows them to process a little less than 300 per day. They are getting nearly 400 per day.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Can someone sum all this up for a newbie like me?
    Background info to make the rest clear:

-Maryland law grants the Maryland State Police(MSP) 7 days to perform a background check for regulated firearms.

-After 7 days the law states the firearm may be released if there's no reply from MSP

-Federal law requires all FFLs to perform a NICS instant check for all purchases. They cannot release the firearm without a NICS approval number.

-For Maryland regulated firearms, MSP is the only NICS contact point the state allows. So MD dealers have to wait for the MSP paperwork to come back with the NICS # to release the firearm.

-The issue here lies in that the NICS checks for regulated firearms have to go through MSP

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It's amazing how slow or fast the libs can be one things they have an interest in. If they were handing out free cell phones they would get things done quick!

Really makes me fear what happens when more stupid stuff kicks in with the new laws and the training, prints, etc. I doubt any staffing was included so it could get even worse. Sure won't get better anytime soon.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is true but NJ law states that, MD law says a minimum of 7 days not the 47 I am at and counting....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fixed and corrected. (emphasis mine)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I can't even begin to imagine the FBI or ATF would pretend to give a crap about MD citizens obtaining firearms.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    I wounder if the media would cover guys with picket signs walking around the pikesvile MSP barracks where they don't, but are supposed to process the background checks

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013

Any updates?

That was me...haven't heard from my Rep, yet.

But then I heard directly from the MD AG...and that was their reply.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Maryland government needs to give the Maryland FFL dealers back their responsibilities given by the Federal government.

MSP personal calling and getting the NCIS number is simply a “man-in-the-middle,” delaying the process that works fine in "majority' of other states without State intervention. It's the reason why we have this huge back log.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I can't even begin to imagine the FBI or ATF would pretend to give a crap about MD citizens obtaining firearms.

yeah, that's kinda hard to get your head around, isn't it?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Background info to make the rest clear:

-Maryland law grants the Maryland State Police(MSP) 7 days to perform a background check for regulated firearms.

-After 7 days the law states the firearm may be released if there's no reply from MSP

-Federal law requires all FFLs to perform a NICS instant check for all purchases. They cannot release the firearm without a NICS approval number.

-For Maryland regulated firearms, MSP is the only NICS contact point the state allows. So MD dealers have to wait for the MSP paperwork to come back with the NICS # to release the firearm.

-The issue here lies in that the NICS checks for regulated firearms have to go through MSP

Good summary!! Note the key word may bolded above. This wording apparently, from a legal perspective, gives them the ability to squat on applications indefinitely. My guess is that area wil be the focus of some legal action

Also noteworthy is that if a MD FFL releases a regulated firearm without a NICS number, that violates federal law.

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    A Right delayed is a Right denied. A little bird told me there may be something on the legal front regarding this issue.

Well, it's about time.

Double entendre intended, but not so punny.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Bottom line:

DO NOT CUT MSP ANY SLACK!
    If you all who do cut them slack go back and look into the beginning of the MSP wait for handgun approval thread, you will see that even FFL's chimed in and said going beyond 8 days was wrong. NO LAWS HAVE CHANGED, neither have any standards. The pissing and whinning by MSP that they are overloaded...tough. Adapt, overcome, and fix it. Now MSP is trying to tell FFL's again what they can and cant do, without a change in the law? ********! Thats wrong, thats an abuse of power. If MSP can just do what they want when its convient for them, we ARE living in a tyrannical police state.

Thats good if the FBI and ATF are going to deal with MSP. Maybe they will dig up some dirt on O'Malley in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom