• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    so, lets say they just change they the law, remove the reference to security guards and still do a nancy reagan... just say no! we never met a person with a valid reason.

the speed of addressing .gov overreach is glacial. and the penalties when .gov is wrong, are 0. or usually seem to be.

Defying a court decision, even passive-aggressively, never ends well for the party that tries, especially if they're overt about the intent to defy. In extreme cases like the Texas Voter ID Law, a Federal judge put the state under direct supervision and dictated not only their specific action, but even the state's press releases about the issue.

Yes, it takes time and money to get to the endgame, but watching the smackdown at the end makes it worth the wait. Never, ever thumb your nose at the judge whose court is deciding your case.

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep you most diffidently got their attention and it sounds like they are also preparing to go to SCOTUS in case they lose at 9CA. What is really sad is the citizens of HI are being forced to pay to have their 2A rights taken away as well.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Humans are not governed by angels. You would think that would make him a supporter of the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Just in case, you know, Trump turns out to be a fascist dictator. But, cognitive dissonance is a thing these days.

They are totalitarians. If they disarm us, then they (and criminals) have all the firepower...and nukes.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Here's another question. There's 6 vacancies on the court. Can Trump ram them through in time to take part for the en banc lottery?
    This will likely be a good 9 months to a year to get to oral arguments

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    IMO I believe SCOTUS knows it can no longer avoid the question and right about open carry or concealed carry outside the home and some form of it must be allowed to all without having to give any special reason or G&S to be allowed to carry for self defense. Both these cases are really being watched by the anti 2A states hoping SCOTUS does not take it and or if it does take it,they will rules in their favor... I would love to be a fly on the wall during the arguments and oh ya they do a live broadcast so if by any chance this does go before the full En Banc Court I am going to watch it...

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Is this a ploy to get Young from creating a circuit split?

They can't stop that although I do think it's to "lessen" the split and try to make it less likely that Scotus takes Rogers.
    Thing is though the 3 judge panel opinion was already written, so at a minimum it may not be precedential but still shows chaos in the circuits over the issue.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    IMO I believe SCOTUS knows it can no longer avoid the question and right about open carry or concealed carry outside the home and some form of it must be allowed to all without having to give any special reason or G&S to be allowed to carry for self defense. Both these cases are really being watched by the anti 2A states hoping SCOTUS does not take it and or if it does take it,they will rules in their favor... I would love to be a fly on the wall during the arguments and oh ya they do a live broadcast so if by any chance this does go before the full En Banc Court I am going to watch it...

That would show outright hostitily if we happened to get a good en banc panel, win, and then the 9th calls for ALL 29 judges to sit for another round of orals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom