• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Anyone floated the idea that he might not have passed away naturally in his sleep?
    After hilabitch got smoked in new Hampshire, maybe their side is thinking the GOP wins the white house and they'd better get another justice in while they can.

My first thoughts, exactly.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Anyone floated the idea that he might not have passed away naturally in his sleep?

Yup, my first thoughts exactly. Now to be fair, we do have to note the man was 79 years old. However, one thing you just can't help but notice is how whenever the Clintons get into political trouble bodies seem to start piling up. All kidding about the Clintons aside those two are psychopaths who in my opinion are capable of doing anything to anyone to get their way, and have the connections to carry it out. Anyone who thinks Hillary is going to be dissuaded by a little thing like not being able to win an election legally is IMHO kidding themselves. Just not a big believer in coincidence and find it odd that the justice most despised and loathed by the democrats is the one who meets an unexpected demise at such a convenient time for the democratic party. I hope my suspicions are unfounded and the justice passed peacefully and naturally.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    The senate will roll over, they always do. We are well and truly fscked now. You can kiss personal liberties, not just the 2A, goodbye. Dear Leader probably shot a load into his drawers and then started giggling like a school girl.

I fear this is just another sign that you can stick a fork in the US, we're done. All that's left now is to see how far and how fast it all goes down hill. I pray for my grand-kids.
    Personal liberties were going to take a hike anyway. Wouldn't have mattered if it had been this year or next year. Every Presidential candidate who can pull 51% of the vote (read: R or D because people actually think there's a difference) ain't worth a bucket of piss. The unfortunate part of voting is that people are easily swayed.

With the ages of Scalia and Ginsburg, we were going to end up with a shorter leash either way.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Yup, my first thoughts exactly. Now to be fair, we do have to note the man was 79 years old. However, one thing you just can't help but notice is how whenever the Clintons get into political trouble bodies seem to start piling up.

They aren't the only ones. I will not believe a gov't autopsy without dozens of observers. Remember when 0 said "when they bring a knife, we bring a gun".

Very, very sad news. People have been talking about shutting down Annapolis again. Well, we need to shut down DC sometime (maybe for Scalia's memorial service) to send a message to Senate Republicans.

Mitch, this is not just another bump in the road of your political career. Blocking an 0 appointee might be the one important thing you were put on earth to do.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    They generally time their retirement based on who's in the WH.

Scalia didn't have that opportunity. IIRC, none have died in office in a long time, raising the question.

Edit: Chief Justice Rehnquist, a conservative, died in office in 2005; GWB nominated Roberts to succeed him.
    Actually, Roberts had been nominated to replace retiring justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Less than 2 months later, Roberts' confirmation hearings hadn't yet begun when Rhenquist died and GWB pulled the nomination and switched it to Chief Justice. Alito eventually got O'Connor's seat.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Actually, Roberts had been nominated to replace retiring justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Less than 2 months later, Roberts' confirmation hearings hadn't yet begun when Rhenquist died and GWB pulled the nomination and switched it to Chief Justice. Alito eventually got O'Connor's seat.

Thanks for correcting that. Rehnquist's passing during a "friendly" Administration prevented the crisis we face now with the least friendly, most radical idealogue in history in the WH. The timing of Justice Scalia's passing couldn't have been worse, unless maybe right after Congresses' adjournment next Jan. 3, with 0bama filling the seat with his favorite progressive the next day while the nation was in shock.

I don't think the nation has even begun to realize the dramatic, negative impact of yesterday's tragic loss or the fight for its soul that will (should) ensue.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not the ONLY possible malefactor...

Yup, my first thoughts exactly. Now to be fair, we do have to note the man was 79 years old. However, one thing you just can't help but notice is how whenever the Clintons get into political trouble bodies seem to start piling up. All kidding about the Clintons aside those two are psychopaths who in my opinion are capable of doing anything to anyone to get their way, and have the connections to carry it out. Anyone who thinks Hillary is going to be dissuaded by a little thing like not being able to win an election legally is IMHO kidding themselves. Just not a big believer in coincidence and find it odd that the justice most despised and loathed by the democrats is the one who meets an unexpected demise at such a convenient time for the democratic party. I hope my suspicions are unfounded and the justice passed peacefully and naturally.

The Clintons for sure, but ...

• Two of Obama's signature laws on SCOTUS docket this session ... hmmmm.
    • Clinton's TS/SAP emails traced back to White House ... hmmmm.
    • Fast & Furious executive privilege claim remanded back for full ruling ... hmmmm.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The Clintons for sure, but ...

• Two of Obama's signature laws on SCOTUS docket this session ... hmmmm.
    • Clinton's TS/SAP emails traced back to White House ... hmmmm.
    • Fast & Furious executive privilege claim remanded back for full ruling ... hmmmm.

interesting to say the least

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Heck, this country is so fragmented now we could never have a representative court with only nine justices. We'd need about 3 dozen.

The court isn't supposed to be representative, they are supposed to say if a law is constitutional or not. That's why this passing is tough, Scalia was an originalist and believed if "it's not there, it's not there". He didn't look to individual groups or other countries for influence in his decisions.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He died naturally.

Naturally, the Left wanted him dead.

Edit: Half serious only. His cause of death needs to be established to the satisfaction of the skeptics, which is unlikely to ever happen.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The court isn't supposed to be representative, they are supposed to say if a law is constitutional or not. That's why this passing is tough, Scalia was an originalist and believed if "it's not there, it's not there". He didn't look to individual groups or other countries for influence in his decisions.

:thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

It's cool, I'm sure Michael hastings will get to the bottom of this....oh, I mean breitbart. ..oh...
    this is interesting...although heavy tinfoil is required
    http://www.nachumlist.com/deadpool.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom