• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    You used to be able to buy just the Remington 700 action assembly only (receiver, bolt, safety, and trigger). Is that no longer possible?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    new actions seem to be incredibly difficult to come by on their own. if you're looking for one for a custom build, it might be easier to just find an older used ADL on gunbroker or in a pawn shop or something and strip it down. i see loads of 'em going for the 350-400 range. a quick 40-50 for the stock and barrel each, and you're only 250-300 into an action. not too shabby.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    The Remington Stripped Actions have become extremely hard to get. I normally just buy the cheapest 700 SPS and go from there.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    yeh basically they are the same style i think just different metals, the 5R is stainless action.

there are lots of nice actions out there for sell that offer LH configurations, its just a matter of looking.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    yeh basically they are the same style i think just different metals, the 5R is stainless action.

there are lots of nice actions out there for sell that offer LH configurations, its just a matter of looking.

I considered them, but they are REALLY pricey. A basic Surgeon bolt assembly will run you ~$1300. McMillian, the same. I'm willing to go $600-700 for the action-only. Frankly, I'm surprised more companies haven't jumped on this missing part of the market, since Remington stopped offering the action only. I see that Savage does...

You can get a precision bolt assembly with trigger group and detachable magazine for ~$500 MSRP. I don't know if they come in LH, though.

http://www.savagearms.com/TA_223_Bolt.htm

Are they're any companies I'm missing?

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    I considered them, but they are REALLY pricey. A basic Surgeon bolt assembly will run you ~$1300. McMillian, the same. I'm willing to go $600-700 for the action-only. Frankly, I'm surprised more companies haven't jumped on this missing part of the market, since Remington stopped offering the action only. I see that Savage does...

You can get a precision bolt assembly with trigger group and detachable magazine for ~$500 MSRP. I don't know if they come in LH, though.

Are they're any companies I'm missing?

i'm not saying go w/ a surgeon or mcmillan....

i'm saying look at the M70s, the savages, the R700s, etc...

Phoenix machine makes a good action that can be had for around 600-700 bucks w/ loading on the left and extraction on the right.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Check out this www.deathfromafar.com they list them and turn out alot of rifles they might have some.

Thanks! They are listed on their website.

http://www.deathfromafar.com/htm/08_products_detail.php?id=549

I've emailed them.

I've also contacted Savage, who said they can make me a precision action in left-handed configuration in their custom shop- any listed configuration (biport, single shot, etc...). Their precision actions cost more than a standard Remmy 700 action, but look really nice. Very beefy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom