Baltimore range recommendations based on rental inventory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    Greetings everyone. I'm looking for a range with a decent selection of rental handguns. I'm willing to drive a little bit if necessary. I'm looking at making a purchase in the near future, so the point of this range trip will be to try out a few models and figure out what I want this time.

I'm considering S&W, Walther, Sig and Springfield XD for starters, in .40 or .45, so if you know of ranges that have these in stock, that's a plus.

I've previously owned a Springfield G.I. 45 and a Walther P99 .40. I liked both, but want to shop around for options.

I am specifically NOT interested in:
    Revolvers
    Beretta 92
    any 9mm for that matter
    Glock

Nothing against them. They're just not my taste. Mentioning it since that seems to account for a good chunk of some ranges' inventories.

Thanks.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Continental definitely has a bunch of XD, S&W M&P, and Sigs for rent. Not sure about all the calibers/models (as I'm more of a Glock guy), but I'd be willing to bet they have a lot of what you are seeking.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Welcome to the forum. Just a quick question, are you aware of the HQL requirement for the purchase of a handgun? I know you say you've owned handguns in the past, but you will have to apply and receive your HQL before you are granted permission to purchase a handgun at this time in the state of Maryland.

BTW, why not stop by the Introduction Section and introduce yourself properly.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    On-Target near Ft Meade I believe rents handguns. Not sure their inventory. There is a range in Frederick that rents handguns as well called Heritage.

Welcome to the board.

Dave

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Although Continental is not an IP, they do have a lot of pistols to rent. You have to buy their ammo. Range rates aren't terrible. Be sure to bring your own eyes and ear protection. I go there often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom