• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yea, sometimes the timing doesn't work out.

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous gun. And it being family just adds to its provenance.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    For transfers within MD, C&R license is irrelavant. You do not need it to purchase a C&R handgun in MD. You do not need an HQL either. You do need to do the 77R and wait 7 days. Without DC, you will need to wait 30 days before receiving another handgun on 77R.

I was hesitant on getting a FFL03, but it is really GREAT for acquiring out-of-state C&R handguns. No 77R, no 7 day wait, no 30 days between receiving another, shipped overnight to your door. Some record keeping to meet federal requirements, but simple. And the types of handguns available are typically steel, weird, different calibers (commie calibers), etc.

I think you've sold me on it. Wife still likely won't let me get a handgun anytime soon, but I can still do other stuff with a C&R. Some of those old mausers, 6.5 swedes and stuff. Yum.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    If you have a little time, 30 days or so, you can apply for a C&R license and have it shipped directly to you.
    This! If you have the time get your C&R, go pick up gun and enjoy it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It may be possible to transfer the pistol to an NY FFL, and have him hold it until your C&R comes through, then ship direct. That way you avoid the MD bureaucracy entirely, the only record is your bound book, which is outside MD's purview.

Any legal step to deny the state from getting its sticky fingers on your personal information wins my approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom