Hap Baker, Braced pistols on the rifle line?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sooooo, out of curiosity has anyone asked at Hap yet if we can finally shoot pistols with braces on the rifle line now that the ATF seems to have ruled you can shoulder a braced pistol?

I know their old rule is you had to be able to shoulder the weapon to use it from the rifle line, which ruled out AR/AK/etc. pistols with or without a brace.

However, with the new ATF decision letter, you can shoulder a pistol because it doesn't magically make the back of the pistol a stock. It doesn't do me a whole lot of good right this second as my AR pistol just has a padded buffer tube, but since half my shooting is at Hap these days (other half at Cresap where they don't care, though I plan to become a member somewhere, sometime I am hoping this year or early next year. Best intentions and all that)...

Anyway, I'll probably get a Sig brace for it, but just curious if anyone has asked/tested at Hap yet.

I am headed there Saturday morning with my wife's uncle to do a little shooting and I'll ask them, but just curious in case I forget to ask them (not like I won't have plenty else on my mind).

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    I don't see how they could say no, but then again Hap Baker can be pretty ridiculous with their "safety rules." From what I've seen I doubt they'd be able to tell much of a difference.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Curious about this, too. About sick of shooting mine indoors at 25 yds.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Curious about this, too. About sick of shooting mine indoors at 25 yds.

You can shoot them at Cresap from rifle benches. Part of it for me is I'd actually like to be able to use it off hand, which if Hap would lighten up, I could at the rifle range.

That or joining IWL or AGC. One of which is likely in the next 12 months.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Have they gotten that bad. I have a Ruger red hawk with a 2x scope. They used to let me shoot it at 100 and 200 yards. It took a bit of conversation but the they were pretty decent about it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I was told so long as you can get the barrel in to the box and shoulder it, you can shoot it at the rifle range. Which I think I probably could with my 10.5" AR pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom