Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 15th, 2017, 07:53 AM #1

77R Approval Wait Time

What are these wait times for the 77R to be approved through the MSP's new system? I did fill out the application on 2/06/17 for approval of a handgun purchase. It says "Submitted to Application Pool", I'm wondering how long it takes them to get through this "Pool" lol.
hermfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:02 AM #2
0351 Semper Fi

Location: -61.211993, -54.076452 You will be sorry when I'm gone, dead, or armed
0351 Semper Fi

Location: -61.211993, -54.076452 You will be sorry when I'm gone, dead, or armed
And you still haven't been approved, not cool as soon as the pistol I ordered comes in (hopefully this week) I will submit mine. I'm curious on this as well so I will update with the times it took this will be my 1st purchase with this system.
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
MightyWarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:05 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermfro View Post
What are these wait times for the 77R to be approved through the MSP's new system? I did fill out the application on 2/06/17 for approval of a handgun purchase. It says "Submitted to Application Pool", I'm wondering how long it takes them to get through this "Pool" lol.
Did you go to a gun shop and buy something?

It has been taking people exactly 7 days AFTER the local FFL submits the purchase.

you submit to the application pool before you go in to the FFL, then bring in a copy of the email they send you w/ the application # and PIN.
Keep the PIN with you when you pick it up too.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:09 AM #4

Made application last Wednesday night & had the "not disapproved" email in my inbox this am
remodeler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:25 AM #5

I have not been to my FFL to make a purchase yet. I received my HQL on 2/3 and filled the application on 2/6. It was my knowledge that I needed the application finished first before a purchase. So my chain would be, receive HQL > fill application > application accepted > go to FFL with approved application and pin > make firearm purchase >wait the time then pick it up. Is this correct lol?
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:29 AM #6
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

The way it has worked for me is the "Submitted into Application Pool" is only there until the state gets your handgun information from the dealer. Then it changes to "Application Review" or something like that. Then on the 7th day at 6am, if everything goes right, it will then change to "Not Disapproved". At that point you may take your information to the dealer and pick up your handgun. But please remember to take your new PIN with you. Without that, the dealer cannot release your handgun to you.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:32 AM #7

hermfro,
your good to go,
when you fill your end out, until you go to buy a handgun (or lower) and the FFL does his part, it will stay like it is now.

There is no MSP approval process that I know of other than submitting ot the pool before you buy the gun/lower.

If you had not filled it out ahead of time, your FFL would/should let you do it there. Doing it ahead of time simply saves time at the FFL and that is good for everyone.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:35 AM #8

Ah ok. So I should go to purchase the one of my choice, then they will send over that information to the MSP. And that will get the ball rolling on the application being accepted. I will go to my FFL this week and say, hey I filled out my application what is next, I'm new to this, teach me lol.
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:10 AM #9
The Leatherstocking

The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Ah ok. So I should go to purchase the one of my choice, then they will send over that information to the MSP. And that will get the ball rolling on the application being accepted. I will go to my FFL this week and say, hey I filled out my application what is next, I'm new to this, teach me lol.
That's correct. It basically sits there as "pending" until they get the information from your FFL about what gun you're buying so that they can register it to you while they do the background checks.

And just to get pedantic, you will never get "approved" to buy a handgun in Maryland. You will only ever get "not disapproved." Hey, it's Maryland.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM #10
Huckleberry Dillinger

Huckleberry Dillinger

Quote:
You must take the email that was sent to you which states your application number and PIN. Without that your dealer cannot proceed.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues