• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I haven't said anything until now, but I'm Jacob's grandfather. We were at his house yesterday, the family, especially his "middle" brother "Xander" are just wrecked. Wife and I are still pretty numb.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers. My son's family and friends will need all the prayers that can be provided as they work through their grieving. The thought returned to me that I had when my daughter passed last year from cancer: "This isn't right - THEY should be putting ME in the ground after a long and peaceful life." This is all in God's plan for whatever reason, we're sure.

The charges against Dellinger (the shooter) are first- and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault, use of a firearm in a felony, and a handgun on his person. I hope he's held without bail.

Wife and I are worried that Dellinger's dope fiend friends don't try to exact revenge on the family for this. If they try here they will be in for a VERY unpleasant surprise.

Anyway, thanks again for the comfort. We carry on day by day.

This (bold).:sad20:

My condolences to you and your Family.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    BeoBill,

My sincere condolences to you and your family for the loss of your grandson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement and prayers. They're a great comfort. Community support is exactly what we need right now. MANY thanks, my brothers.

We went to a family only viewing this morning. Everyone's eyes were leaking. We talked and reminisced and cried some more at son's house after.

There will be a memorial at some point in the near future. I'll keep y'all posted.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And fabs, there is no drug use in my son's house; quite the opposite in fact. We suspect Rane was the source of that habit.

Apology accepted, back on "Ignore" with you.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Police wrote that the three men went to the church parking lot to smoke marijuana and then “the group began playing around,” with the handgun. Dellinger sat in the passenger seat and “was holding the firearm which was pointed at Jacob Mauer” in the driver’s seat, police wrote. “At that time, the gun discharged, striking Jacob on the right side of the head.”

Dellinger then “gathered up the drugs in the vehicle and fled the scene,” police wrote. The other person, who was sitting in the back seat, called 911, according to police. That person’s name has not been released.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/howard/bs-md-co-dellinger-charging-docs-20190604-story.html

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The article makes it sound like they were in the parking lot for some time when it happened and nothing could be further from the truth.

The car pulled in to the very back of the lot, backed in next to a couple of utility trailers and turned out the lights. I'll bet not less than 10 seconds later you can see the muzzle flash.
    And the guy who did the shooting gathered up the drugs and left instead of rendering aid or calling 911. (It is not easy, but I am refraining from using language that I think is appropriate to describe the shooter)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And the guy who did the shooting gathered up the drugs and left instead of rendering aid or calling 911. (It is not easy, but I am refraining from using language that I think is appropriate to describe the shooter)

Ed Zachary.

I wonder who the DA is in this case and if they have seen the camera footage?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The article as I read it is quoting the charging docs.

I doubt the investigation is complete. I think that the charging docs were drawn up very shortly after maybe based only on one witness, since he was on probation and on the run. It probably made sense to get the warrant out asap so they could hunt him down and extradite.

They can always amend the charges later.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Beo, my deepest condolences. I have no way of understanding your family's pain, but I am hurting for you. Prayers to the Almighty to ease your burden and help you through the healing.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    BB - I can only imagine the pain you and yours are going through. If an hour or so among friends can in some way lighten the burden, drop by the Club this evening. There will be a pitcher of brew on our table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom