• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Oh, we'll never change the motives of the MPGV apparatchiks , our target audience is any of the public that wanders by, and those that attend the meeting that aren't a paid part of the organization.

At the least show that the anti sentiments aren't universal, break them out of their self reinforcing vacuum. At best show that our side is commited to reducing Violence , gun and otherwise, and we have constructive positive ideas.

Added a subset to the target audience.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Oh, we'll never change the motives of the MPGV apparatchiks , our target audience is any of the public that wanders by.

At the least show that the anti sentiments aren't universal, break them out of their self reinforcing vacuum. At best show that our side is commited to reducing Violence , gun and otherwise, and we have constructive positive ideas.

Don't be too sure about that. Remember all of the stories about libs wanting to buy firearms. I really do feel that you can change some of their minds. Maybe not all, but I think if we do it right, we can bring some to the light!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Actually, Brian made some inroads with some of the folks attending, several asked that he continue because they wanted to hear what he had to say. If we continue to show up and provide fact based information and not come off as arrogant gun nuts, we can probably win a few of them over on the issues we have in common.

I think if more of them knew about Nolle Pros and the numbers from Baltimore, they would change their tune and go after the other elected officials (States Attorneys) instead of inanimate objects.

I agree; perhaps the less fanatical among them can be brought to realm of reason. I have to wonder what percentage of them that is, though. But it's worth a try. I think the idea of self-defense should be surfaced too, response times being what they are.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok, I am just curious. Has anyone attempt to talk *sense* to these folks? I mean part of their agenda (if you believe their web site) is tougher sentencing and better police enforcement of existing gun laws (you know, like laws banning felons from possessing). I can agree with that. Heck, according to the B. Sun, the Baltimore Police Department seems to have trouble making lawful arrests or proper Terry stops. Maybe the MPGV would back efforts to give the police better training. I can help them with that -- free Terry stop training for LEOs! Did that law for years.

Actually, Brian made some inroads with some of the folks attending, several asked that he continue because they wanted to hear what he had to say. If we continue to show up and provide fact based information and not come off as arrogant gun nuts, we can probably win a few of them over on the issues we have in common.

I think if more of them knew about Nolle Pros and the numbers from Baltimore, they would change their tune and go after the other elected officials (States Attorneys) instead of inanimate objects.

This is the exact line of reasoning that R&R was explaining to their sock puppet boy who used to attend the HPRB meetings before Mr. Puppet got his panties in a wad.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I agree; perhaps the less fanatical among them can be brought to realm of reason. I have to wonder what percentage of them that is, though. But it's worth a try. I think the idea of self-defense should be surfaced too, response times being what they are.

I think that percentage is pretty high given the conversations I and others have had, one on one, with the "followers".

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Don't be too sure about that. Remember all of the stories about libs wanting to buy firearms. I really do feel that you can change some of their minds. Maybe not all, but I think if we do it right, we can bring some to the light!

Totally agree :thumbsup: the ones that want a total ban on guns are a waste of our time and a lost cause but those that claim to want "common sense gun laws" may just need hear what we think those laws are and possibly find common ground.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I can't believe no one has mentioned it (and it just dawned on me last night)...

WHY is this meeting being held in this location?

At first I thought it was just dumb luck that they chose a location near an indoor range. Now, I'm not so sure.

So, 2 questions come to mind:

1 - are they looking to do harm to On Target's business/reputation, and
    2 - is On Target aware that these loons will be in the neighborhood, possibly looking to make a statement

:shrug:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I can't believe no one has mentioned it (and it just dawned on me last night)...

WHY is this meeting being held in this location?

At first I thought it was just dumb luck that they chose a location near an indoor range. Now, I'm not so sure.

So, 2 questions come to mind:

1 - are they looking to do harm to On Target's business/reputation, and
    2 - is On Target aware that these loons will be in the neighborhood, possibly looking to make a statement

:shrug:

DAMNED GOOD CATCH!!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Although it's admirable of you guys to look out for OT's bottom line I don't think there is much to worry about. Other than our group, anyone attending their meeting probably doesn't currently meet OT's customer demographic.

If they had some sort of protest planned in front of OT then by all means we should call and give them the skinny but I didn't see anything in the OP to even remotely suggest anything of the sort.

One of their last meetings was in the Savage Library.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The director of household scheduling has changed our scheduled plans for the weekend. I will not make this one. Have fun and give them hell (Facts).

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    and this nugget o' truth - www.heyjackass.com

shot and killed in chiraq: 673
    shot and wounded: 3494
    race of victim: 78% black
    2016 cost of stupidity: $225M and counting

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads