• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Was up hunting last week and spoke with a local sporting goods store owner. He said people were required to turn in or export out of state all magazines over 10 and that if you are lucky enough to have a ccp you are only aloud to load up to 7. I knew this was the rule but actually hearing it was surreal. How about people that had stacks of hi caps instantly became criminals. Imagine idpa matches and such must really suck too. To top that off he told me it was illegal to buy or sell lead fishing weights. They can however possess them. Let's now become NY the threat is real. Call your legislators before it's too late. Join MSI and donate to the NRA or we might be left upset and helpless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    NY became 'Californicated' about the same time we did here in the PRofMD. For a time, O'Malley and Cuomo were pencil-neck & pencil-neck in the race to see who could pass the most onerous laws. Even after MD passing FSA 2013, NY still won by a lead sinker. Luckily neither fared too well in their respective presidential bids.

And, just because OWE'Malley is politically crippled, don't expect Miller, Busch, Frosh, and the MDGA to take a back seat to NY on gun control. Be prepared to fight even more.

Attachments

• Cuomo O'Malley.jpg
      Cuomo O'Malley.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 1,223

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    My last duty station was out on Long Island in NY. Not only was I attempting to recruit the youth of American for the Army I also had to deal with the plethora of asinine NY laws. Moving back to MD felt downright pleasant after living there for 3.5 years.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Considering the NY Sheriff's Association are against the SAFE Act, as are most NYS Troopers, unless you're doing something really bad/dumb/insert unpleasantry - they aren't going to know you have more than 7 (or care). They get it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Was up hunting last week and spoke with a local sporting goods store owner. He said people were required to turn in or export out of state all magazines over 10 and that if you are lucky enough to have a ccp you are only aloud to load up to 7. I knew this was the rule but actually hearing it was surreal. How about people that had stacks of hi caps instantly became criminals. Imagine idpa matches and such must really suck too. To top that off he told me it was illegal to buy or sell lead fishing weights. They can however possess them. Let's now become NY the threat is real. Call your legislators before it's too late. Join MSI and donate to the NRA or we might be left upset and helpless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So endeth the lesson, and commenceth the awakening...

Fishing Weights!

Casting Bullets?

Lead pollution. In case you eat sinkers instead of Gummi Bears, like they do in NYC.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    NY and MD have tons in common...very
    historic, blessed with incredible natural
    beauty from amazing beaches, to rolling hills, lakes, rivers and mountains.

I have been blessed to live many years
    in both...sadly, today, they are both
    governed by capable people who have
    gone horribly wrong.

While I generally believe there is a pendulum swing to such things, I fear the pendulum has really stuck hard over at its current
    place...I do not see it moving back in
    the other direction anytime soon.
    So sad.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    NY and MD have tons in common...very
    historic, blessed with incredible natural
    beauty from amazing beaches, to rolling hills, lakes, rivers and mountains.

I have been blessed to live many years
    in both...sadly, today, they are both
    governed by capable people who have
    gone horribly wrong.

While I generally believe there is a pendulum swing to such things, I fear the pendulum has really stuck hard over at its current
    place...I do not see it moving back in
    the other direction anytime soon.
    So sad.

Fortunately the pendulum is stuck in only a few states. Others are coming along quite nicely.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Luckily any such law in MD without some sort of grandfathering would propbably be found to be unconstituional. MD's constituion is very clear that law changes cannot criminalize people for events that took place before the law passed (such as possessing certain objects).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Article 1 Section 9 of COTUS prohibits ex post facto laws.

don't know if applies to MD as IANAL.

Attachments

• ex post facto.jpg
      ex post facto.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 330

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    The "load only 7 rounds" in a higher capacity magazine rule was struck down as Unconstitutional. The 10 round limit for the magazine capacity as a whole was upheld. So the sporting goods store owner has some bad information.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom