• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    RD, he did.
    He has a strong case for GS and I don't foresee him not getting it.
    Agree with a Pro2A attorney, but unless he can find an attorney that will do it pro bono, getting one MAY end up costing more than just resubmitting $ and paperwork.

Others, he went up the chain, but the response was that there is not much that can be done without paperwork.

At this point, he is resigned to the fact that he will be starting over. :sad20:

When he sends the paperwork again... Send it "certified mail signature required". Or, hand delivered to the Pikesville Office.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    In these situations, they should allow you to go to the barracks and be fingerprinted for free there.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    RD, he did.
    He has a strong case for GS and I don't foresee him not getting it.
    Agree with a Pro2A attorney, but unless he can find an attorney that will do it pro bono, getting one MAY end up costing more than just resubmitting $ and paperwork.

Others, he went up the chain, but the response was that there is not much that can be done without paperwork.

At this point, he is resigned to the fact that he will be starting over. :sad20:

That is a self-licking ice cream cone (i.e., total ********), IMO.

Remind them that they lost his PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, which is a Federal rap, and that a complaint will be lodged with the Feds in a week or so if they don't cough it up. That may get them to put down their donuts and actually look for the package.

EDIT/Update:

This is proof that they received the package (from the very first post):
    ...He received a postcard back from MSP that they received his application and has a cancelled check.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Handgun Permit Review Board Review/Hearing
    An individual has two methods of requesting a review/hearing from the Handgun Permit Review Board.

Method 1)
    A person who is denied a permit, renewal of a permit, or whose permit is revoked or issued with restrictions by the Secretary of the State Police may request the Board to review the decision of the Secretary of the State Police by filing a written request within 10 days after receipt of written notice of the Secretary’s action. The written request for review by the Board should include a copy of the written notice of the Secretary’s action. All requests to the Board shall be in writing and shall be sent to: Handgun Permit Review Board, 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Towson, MD 21286.

Method 2)
    A person whose application for a permit or renewal of a permit that is not acted upon by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may request a hearing before the Board by filing a written request to the Board. All requests to the Board shall be in writing and shall be sent to: Handgun Permit Review Board, 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Towson, MD 21286

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    An individual has two methods of requesting a review/hearing from the Handgun Permit Review Board.

Method 1)
    A person who is denied a permit, renewal of a permit, or whose permit is revoked or issued with restrictions by the Secretary of the State Police may request the Board to review the decision of the Secretary of the State Police by filing a written request within 10 days after receipt of written notice of the Secretary’s action. The written request for review by the Board should include a copy of the written notice of the Secretary’s action. All requests to the Board shall be in writing and shall be sent to: Handgun Permit Review Board, 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Towson, MD 21286.

Method 2)
    A person whose application for a permit or renewal of a permit that is not acted upon by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may request a hearing before the Board by filing a written request to the Board. All requests to the Board shall be in writing and shall be sent to: Handgun Permit Review Board, 300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Towson, MD 21286

Do this!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A friend has a G + S reason to carry. Took the appropriate classes, fingerprinted, and submitted his application. He received a postcard back from MSP that they received his application and has a cancelled check. He called MSP and they lost the paperwork, MSP told him to resubmit all paperwork and get fingerprinted again. Probably an honest mistake, but how does one go about getting reimbursed for the initial money that was spent?

Method 2)

Since he has a cancelled check, I would recommend he go through the review board. He has gone through the system and has not received an approval or denial within the 90 days prescribed above. It's not his fault they SAID they lost the paperwork.

Just one man's opinion...

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    That's what I did. Anything dealing with any licenses, I cert/return receipt. Makes it easier to take to court..and always make copies

This.

If you attended one of my Maryland Handgun Permit Seminars, you were instructed to keep a copy of EVERYTHING.

You were also taught to send EVERYTHING via third party (USPS, FedEx or UPS).

This way you have INDEPENDENT verification of delivery you don't have with hand delivery.

When MSP loses your paperwork (which they do about 15% of the time) you have the option of instantly emailing a PDF copy with proof of delivery.

Regretfully, some have had to send copies more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    This.

If you attended one of my Maryland Handgun Permit Seminars, you were instructed to keep a copy of EVERYTHING.

You were also taught to send EVERYTHING via third party (USPS, FedEx or UPS).

This way you have INDEPENDENT verification of delivery you don't have with hand delivery.

When MSP loses your paperwork (which they do about 15% of the time) you have the option of instantly emailing a PDF copy with proof of delivery.

Regretfully, some have had to send copies more than once.

What would lawyers do if there was drug on the market being prescribed to patients that turned out to have a 15% mortality rate? What would the NAACP do if 15% of voter registrations were lost? This is unacceptable incompetence and or malfeasance on the part of MSP. When will Hogan drain his own swamp?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If as advertised this is an MSP problem not an applicant problem. MSP should be bending over apologetically and offering the applicant to appear at any barracks free of charge to get his prints redone, they should be expediting the process, and hopefully the applicant kept a copy of his application. I like GTO's thoughts, but sh*t does happen and it was probably just a bureaucratic mistake. Still it's an MSP problem and if push comes to shove I know the Board has lost patience with "lost files."

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Maryland government agencies :

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 234

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I talked with an individual today, who told me that they waited almost a year for the Maryland State Police to process their Maryland Handgun Permit Application.

The finally called him a month ago to tell him that his application was going to be denied for lack of G&S.

Not that his application was denied.

Not the required letter of denial... But,
    a phone call - almost a year later.

They now know they got "Hogan'd".

They are requesting a denial letter from MSP and plan to pursue an appeal before the imminently competent and efficient Handgun Permit Review Board.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Since he has a cancelled check, I would recommend he go through the review board. He has gone through the system and has not received an approval or denial within the 90 days prescribed above. It's not his fault they SAID they lost the paperwork.

Just one man's opinion...

The review board would just tell him to resubmit.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    If he truly needs the permit, don't play childish games at this point just to take a poke at MSP.

It isn't a Federal violation, nobody is going to get fired over it, and pissing them off certainly won't help him get his application approved.

Cough up the money to reapply, get the permit, AND THEN maybe poke the bear.

I'm not saying it was OK that his paperwork got lost, it isn't, but the most important thing should be obtaining the permit as soon as possible if he really needs it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If he truly needs the permit, don't play childish games at this point just to take a poke at MSP.

It isn't a Federal violation, nobody is going to get fired over it, and pissing them off certainly won't help him get his application approved.

Cough up the money to reapply, get the permit, AND THEN maybe poke the bear.

I'm not saying it was OK that his paperwork got lost, it isn't, but the most important thing should be obtaining the permit as soon as possible if he really needs it.

"ASAP" to the MSP falls somewhere between the wait for the nfa process and waiting for hell to freeze over...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Remember also that a lot of the employees doing the clerical grunt work at FLD are not troopers. They are classified civilian employees. Tenured forever and just about impossible to seriously discipline, let alone fire.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    A Public Apology to the Maryland State Police

In this post I said, “…MSP loses your paperwork… about 15% of the time”

I was in error. I should have said, in the past, lost or misplaced paperwork has been an issue and I now recommend anyone exchanging information with MSP use certified mail, UPS, or FedEx, and keep a complete copy for their records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom