• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I did not see it that low at grabagun or budsgunshop.

That said, its used so $1100 is more than fair perhaps even generous.
    They were $880 for about a month when first released from Smoky Mountain Guns (and just slightly more from Sportsman's Superstore). I wasn't sure if it was going to be MD legal at the time, so didn't order. I eventually got one for around $950 from JLowes.

You can still find them (Colt LE6920HBPW) for $1100 or less now (incl on GunBroker at Buy Now prices), but they're drying up and at fewer vendors.

Joshua

Jan 5, 2015
    Now was this more of a, *i dont know guns that well so my friend here is helping me* "im good with it" or *ill take it*
    But given that they kicked your vehicle, they obviously arent that mature, so its probably best you walked.

If the other party was merely inspecting the rifle, they would not have got angry.

I would not have proceeded either. Cant be too careful.
    I disagree. If I went with a buddy to check out a rifle he wanted to buy and the seller basically accused us of being criminals I would be pissed to.

I have checked out several firearms for friends to make sure they weren't getting junk or ripped off. This very well could've been the case here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I disagree. If I went with a buddy to check out a rifle he wanted to buy and the seller basically accused us of being criminals I would be pissed to.

I have checked out several firearms for friends to make sure they weren't getting junk or ripped off. This very well could've been the case here.

I agree 100%. This is clear cut case of BGOS. Unless you have reason to believe that a potential buyer is a prohibited person or not a MD resident, you have zero liability in selling a long gun FTF.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Did you kick the seller's car if the sale didn't go through?

I agree 100%. This is clear cut case of BGOS. Unless you have reason to believe that a potential buyer is a prohibited person or not a MD resident, you have zero liability in selling a long gun FTF.

The liability, as others have suggested, is that it was a setup to entrap the OP and "prove" FTF sales arm criminals in which cases it hurts all law abiding firearms owners.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019

I get what you’re saying, the whole transaction just didn’t seem right at all.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I get what you’re saying, the whole transaction just didn’t seem right at all.

If it doesn't feel right, it's not right, end of story.

As with others, I've ridden shotgun on FTF xfers before. We always establish (and those on the buying side have always established with me) that the buyer will have a friend or relative with them and both of us will be carrying state-issued photo ID and another document to prove we aren't prohibited (CCW down in VA, HQL up here in MD). We make it very clear that if ANYTHING feels off to either party on either side of the transaction, we all walk away with no hard feelings. Bill of sale is always drawn up and adhered to if the sale goes through. Luckily, I've never had any issues after laying out clear ground rules. That said, if I was in your situation with this one, I'd likely have done the same thing and walked. Especially seeing the anger presented.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    OP, any misgivings just went away when they kicked your vehicle. You did the right thing.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Someone kicks my car (and causes damage) and we're going to have issues.

At minimum I'd file a police report and get his insurance info from local law enforcement.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And, I've done probably ten FTF deals with other Members here, every single one was super smooth with great communication and zero hiccups.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thats not a bad idea. Can always stipulate that FTF transfer requirer, BOS, valid state ID and HQL.

There are people that refuse to get an HQL. For those, you would require transfer go through FFL(even pay the fee out of your pocket).

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    There are people that refuse to get an HQL. For those, you would require transfer go through FFL(even pay the fee out of your pocket).

I think MDSP barracks is pretty cheap for transfers. It’d be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom