• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I have determined this is a good and substantial reason to be prepared to defend myself. Criminals prefer unarmed helpless victims!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I don't know much about Korean American culture. You're probably right. As far as Indians go though, I don't know a single that embraces 2A or engages in self defense training except for those in my immediate family. They're largely just sitting ducks.

And I agree 100% with your comment about preferred identity. My genes may come from across the globe, but I am an American. If more people thought like this I think the US would be a better place.
    There's more here than you might know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Why do any of these thugs do what they do? If they spent the same amount of time casing a neighborhood as hitting the books, they would not be stealing.

Could be anyone of a number of things. Maybe it's all a coincidence. Maybe there is a neighborhood rumor Asians have good stuff to steal (like guns). Could be a gang initiation ritual. In the Baltimore riots last year Korean stores were hit (some 400, esp liquor stores) because racism, basically. Maybe they are just stupid.

Racism or spite? Koreans make a go of business in the inner city where no one else seems motivated to try. It's the crabs in a bucket syndrome.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I don't know much about Korean American culture. You're probably right. As far as Indians go though, I don't know a single that embraces 2A or engages in self defense training except for those in my immediate family. They're largely just sitting ducks.

And I agree 100% with your comment about preferred identity. My genes may come from across the globe, but I am an American. If more people thought like this I think the US would be a better place.

Well said :thumbsup:

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    Wealthy Indian families are being targeted in HoCo specifically for jewelry. They usually have large amounts of very expensive high karat (22kt and 24kt) gold. My next door neighbor got hit a couple of months ago. The only thing taken was jewelry and watches valued at $100,000. If they hit my house when I'm home, the only metal they will be getting is lead.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Wealthy Indian families are being targeted in HoCo specifically for jewelry. They usually have large amounts of very expensive high karat (22kt and 24kt) gold. My next door neighbor got hit a couple of months ago. The only thing taken was jewelry and watches valued at $100,000. If they hit my house when I'm home, the only metal they will be getting is lead.
    and copper?

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    We live off 103 near illchester and wife found out two home in our immediate neighborhood were hit. Odd hours of both being in the evening that led me to believe more to them.

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    I used to work with a Korean guy who`s son was a MSPO and by the way was on their pistol team.One night a couple of thugs tried to run him down in a car which was a bad move.He put a couple of rounds right through the windshield into the drivers forehead.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I heard the warning from my wife yesterday. Korean, who immigrated her at a later age do not speak english well or if any. My parents brought us here when I was six. Although, my father can speak english to get him around, and do his needed thing, my mother is does not. If my mother was ever robbed on the street or her car was stolen, and call the 911, she could not really communicate with the operator to tell them her car was stolen or where and what make and model of the car. So guessing, if the robbers pick a asain who does not speak english , well, then they cannot call the police.

Its always scary to hear that things like this, targeted only towards certain people. I actually got into guns about a little over ten years ago, because my father was robbed at gun point. Yet he still will not carry a gun or believe in guns. Guessing most older Asians are like that also. Just raised in a culture with no guns. Hope they catch these AssOs.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Immigrants tend to hoard cash. Third world mentality about not trusting banks and such. Just about most do that

hup234

Feb 15, 2017
    I once got robbed by Asians. I know it was Asians because the cat and dog were missing and my kids' homework was done.

Seriously I hope they catch the perp(s). I can't stand a thief.

When I was young our family had a friend that was an avid hunter. He owned quite a few beagles and befriended another hunter that owned a Chinese restaurant. Once or twice a week he would stop by the restaurant and pick up scraps of food and put it in a bucket to take home to the dogs. One day he picked up what was obviously the wrong pot of food. One of the chefs grabbed his bucket, and poured whatever was in it back in the pot on the stove. YUM!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom