• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    My most recent F4 can was just pending sometime in July. From here on out, I’ll be doing eF1.

F this nonsense of 9+ months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Thinking about it, there might be an opportunity here...A suppressor manufacturer produces "80%" suppressor kits. They'll even do the markings for you. Nielsen devices sold separately (to lower parts count). eFile your Form 1, wait, and do final assembly.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thinking about it, there might be an opportunity here...A suppressor manufacturer produces "80%" suppressor kits. They'll even do the markings for you. Nielsen devices sold separately (to lower parts count). eFile your Form 1, wait, and do final assembly.

I love that idea!

I have a can in jail since Black Friday last year and it’s hard waiting a damn year for the atf, especially since I had 3 in jail at one time during that same time frame

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Maybe sell a polymer jig to drill out the holes in the baffles or end cap...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    There are already companies that do exactly that. To include the jig for the cones.

Yes, they are called oil trap kits. And the ATF often ends up going after those companies even though they aren’t selling suppressors. If they’d lighten up a bit...

I’d love to file all the form 1s and then actually machine my own silencer with a “kit” I can be confident will be a workable and decent silencer (so long as I don’t mess up).

Hell I wouldn’t even mind if I filed a form 1, for the tax stamp and then could buy the kit.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    My first ATF toy was a form 1 suppressor. I ordered the kit while I waited for my stamp. Once I got my stamp I drilled the baffles and finished the Valve stem retainers.

My F1 suppressor is as quiet as my Octane.

Ill try to find the video of me test firing it

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My first ATF toy was a form 1 suppressor. I ordered the kit while I waited for my stamp. Once I got my stamp I drilled the baffles and finished the Valve stem retainers.

My F1 suppressor is as quiet as my Octane.

Ill try to find the video of me test firing it

Have been eying up the "Ti select 1.125x6" 22 kit, supposedly produces a really nice 6oz, 115dB rimfire can with proper drilling/clipping. Lots of people form 1 them, and seem happy. Otherwise the new Griffin Resistance 22, but not looking forward to waiting another year for another can.
    https://diversifiedmachine.us/shop/

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    What’s better than the FFL calling out of the blue on a Saturday morning?!!

(What the heck do they wan...OH HELL YEAH!)

Submitted Form 4 Individual Dec 10, 2018
    Received September 21 2019
    284 days.

Sent from my iBunker using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Can’t believe it. Started a Form 4 individual on 6/27/2019 and received call TODAY (9/23/2019) that my Tax Stamp has arrived!!! Went in and sure enough I went home with my new Saker 556.

Lady behind the counter said she’s never seen it come back this quick, even asking if I knew anyone at the ATF or if I am special somehow lol. I can assure you that neither is the case.

That’s under 90 days, folks.

She did say that she got a few back that started in January of 2019 but also still had a bunch from last year still pending.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Can’t believe it. Started a Form 4 individual on 6/27/2019 and received call TODAY (9/23/2019) that my Tax Stamp has arrived!!! Went in and sure enough I went home with my new Saker 556.

Lady behind the counter said she’s never seen it come back this quick, even asking if I knew anyone at the ATF or if I am special somehow lol. I can assure you that neither is the case.

She did say that she got a few back that started in January of 2019 but also still had a bunch from last year still pending.

I noticed that GymRatz's John mentioned in a listing for a new can that they're starting to see some stamps come back in four months. This is a disturbing trend because I see that my wallet is starting to twitch.

ZevGlock

Oct 9, 2018
    Still waiting , since 9/11/2018

My can is still at gymratz. Maybe one day I can pick it up.

It's been since 9/11/2018

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    the Reddit approvals megathreads seem to be the best barometer for those waiting, funny thing is for F4s this month seems there is a fairly equal number approved between 200-300 days and <100 days, with a couple over 400 and under 60 days, so go figure. Not sure what the ATF is doing over there.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Someone at ATF is going to loose their job over this. It blows their whole argument that they're understaffed and overworked. It's a shame because Congress will think ATF has all the staff they need, and will cut their budget, and the wait time will grow. :rolleyes:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    F4 transfer with my 03FFL (C&R)
    Check cashed 1/7/19
    Approved 9/9/19
    246 days (8 months 3 days) from check cashed to signed approval on F4
    Paperwork received by seller/SOT - ?
    Call from seller on 9/23, shipped on 9/24 and received on 9/25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom