• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Sure, I can have it. But whether I can hit anything with it is a different question. :lol2:

I don't think a short barreled "shotgun" firearm with straight rifling is going to be any less inaccurate than an SBS with a tax stamp and a smoothbore.

They really should make this barrel for shotguns. That will let people do non tax stamp builds with the same performance.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    He did not seem comfortable explaining that thing. Thank you for the video though! It's like a 2k HD rifle that does nothing a shotgun can't do.

They should have just called it the 1776

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's a Nerf football.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...eformation-straight-rifling-shoots-footballs/

ShotShow2018_FAReformation_01232018.jpg

That should be fun reloading.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So serious question.......what does this do that a 9mm Ar pistol build (with a brace) doesn’t?

I guess I’m kinda butt hurt and was expecting some innovation, not resorting to 200 yr old technology in a modern firearm. Not only does it fail to other options half its price point they exposed a raw Ndola (WTF AUTO CORRECT?!? Supposed to say RANDOM) loop hole that can be fixed with a pen stroke and they didn’t even circumvent it with gold like the pistol brace.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    He did not seem comfortable explaining that thing. Thank you for the video though! It's like a 2k HD rifle that does nothing a shotgun can't do.

They should have just called it the 1776

I agree. I think they have to be careful on how they word things when describing it. Very careful.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It is being offered in 300 Blackout first. At least according to the video.

And 4 MOA at 50 yards is 2". So better than 95% of the pistols out there.

I'm not spending $2000 on a rifle, but I will happily purchase the barrel from them. I'd like the 5.56 and 9mm version.

One last thing, it appears that if you want to build one of these, it will require a virgin lower.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Remains to be seen what the real world accuracy is, and at least word on the street is the barrel was determined not to be rifled by the ATF, but they don't have a ruling on the completed firearm yet. Still can't go shorter than 11.5" or else it gets into AOW territory, so while better than 16", think the braced "pistol" will remain the best work around. The tech, and proof of how arcane and pointless the NFA is could be useful down the road though if we can muster a challenge to remove SBR/SBS from the NFA.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This Daniel Defense pistol will also be about 2 grand, wont have to wait until 2019, and not a gimmick:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/01/ron-grobman/new-daniel-defense-v7p-ar-pistol/

Daniel Defense thinks that small will be big this year and has made their ARs even smaller, introducing the V7P AR Pistols in 5.56mm and 300BLK in a 10.3 in barrel.

The pistols features a law tactical folding folding stock with an SB brace.

Pretty sure this is the same as the current model they list, with a different brace.

DD even makes a factory SBR that meets MD OAL requirements: https://danieldefense.com/firearms/...as-system/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-300s.html

I am just not feeling any love for a $2,000 gimmick "rifle" to avoid a $200 stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom