• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Bought Stern Defense parts (Mag adaptor, BCG, 16" Barrel & muzzle device) to convert one of my AR-15's into a 9mm.

Attachments

• 20171222_171411.jpg
      20171222_171411.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 1,580
    • 20171228_102530.jpg
      20171228_102530.jpg
      132.3 KB · Views: 1,847

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I use a Hahn Magwell block. They have three models. I use the drop in version. Easy to change back and forth. Not really worried about last round hold open feature. Uses Colt style mags. Works well.

Was curious how well this one worked. Have to wait until I get home to see the manufacturer website.

Dave

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Heavy buffer?
    OP, pay attention to this comment. You do not want to be running a normal carbine buffer in a 9mm direct blowback gun, unless you like broken bolt catches.

I use a Hahn Magwell block. They have three models. I use the drop in version. Easy to change back and forth. Not really worried about last round hold open feature. Uses Colt style mags. Works well.
    You're preaching to the choir, I run real-deal Uzi mags with a VMH adapter and also use a Glock-mag lower. I can just see how some people would not mind this kind of option, especially if they wanted to run Glock mags in their RR M16 or something.

Apparently another company has also come out with a Glock magwell, too:
    https://sylvanarms.com/product/sylvan-arms-9mm-glock-conversion-block/

So a 9 mm at doesn’t use a gas block and gas tube?
    No gas tube or block required. Unless it's an MPX (piston) or CMMG MkG (radial delayed blowback), it's direct blowback.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks for this thread OP. and the info guys. I'm seeing more and more about the rise of the 9mmar and some even say it may catch the 300 bo in civilian and military use ???

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Apparently so:
    https://getstern.com/products/mag-ad9

You can tell there's some substantial engineering involved to make it happen, but it looks good. Some people are gonna hate the bottom mag release, but that's not the worst price you could ever pay. Makes me wonder if this block is compatible with the CMMG MkG radial blowback BCG.

Very little information out there on the compatibility of the CMMG MkG with anything. My bolt/barrel should be in today. I can shed some light on whether it will work with a Colt pattern lower.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for this thread OP. and the info guys. I'm seeing more and more about the rise of the 9mmar and some even say it may catch the 300 bo in civilian and military use ???

If the gun is for practical use then 9mm AR's do have a niche.

For under 7" 9mm is a great AR Platform. Longer than 7" barrel is dumb IMO.

For 8"-10" the .300 BLK shines. It has a better B.C. than 9mm for shots outside pistol caliber range.

For 11.5"+ the 5.56 does just fine, but does better with longer barrels (faster velocity)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom