• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Any thoughts/experiences with the Holosun HE510C-GR green dot? Love the specs, but am curious to see what real world observations are out there.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I love these things and have a couple, red and green, and prefer them over Eotech. The battery life is insane, and I really like the leave-on, shake-awake feature. I also prefer these reflex sights over tubular red dots. They just seem to acquire much more quickly to me, looking at a somewhat flat piece of window-like glass vs. staring through a tube. Maybe it's just me. If you have military PX access, they are a bit cheaper. I've had one on a rifle for over a year, and every time I grab it from the safe, there it is--bright and clear as day.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I love these things and have a couple, red and green, and prefer them over Eotech. The battery life is insane, and I really like the leave-on, shake-awake feature. I also prefer these reflex sights over tubular red dots. They just seem to acquire much more quickly to me, looking at a somewhat flat piece of window-like glass vs. staring through a tube. Maybe it's just me. If you have military PX access, they are a bit cheaper. I've had one on a rifle for over a year, and every time I grab it from the safe, there it is--bright and clear as day.

Great info! You're definitely not alone on the preference for an open model - I also strongly prefer the open reflex design over a closed tube. It's just a better for wider situational awareness IMO. How has it been holding zero over time?

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    I've taken it out about every 2 - 4 weeks, and it's been spot-on every time. IMHO, it's the best combination of value, features, and high quality I've found. I have no reason to look to anything else, regardless of price, in a red or green dot.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I've had mine about a year, so far,so good.

Attachments

• Resized_20201024_112157.jpg
      Resized_20201024_112157.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 267

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If you happen to have an astigmatism, I think the reticle on these is significantly better than any other red dot sights I’ve used in this price range. For red vs green, I think it’s just a personal preference. The circle with the dot looks crisp, and it’s the only red dot reticle I can use effectively with an astigmatism. And even if you don’t have an astigmatism, the quality is amazing for the price. Especially if you’re considering vortex as an alternative, I’d go with Holosun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have one, and it's rad. Trying to stay away from the Chinese optics for future purchases, but I personally think this optic better in most ways than an Eotech or Vortex UH1.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I have one. It is absolutely the crispest reticle I have ever experienced. I have astigmatism so most red dots just don't work well for me.

I prefer it over my Vortex UH1 and the EoTech I had previously.

The only thing maybe worth considering is the exposed emitter. I tested with rain and it worked fine, but if too much water gets in there, it occludes the reticle. The 512C by Holosun is a totally covered unit, so maybe worth considering.

Other than that, the 510c can take a beating and keep going. I ended up getting a riser plate so i could have a 1/3 cowitness with my fixed irons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom