• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A bad seed can probably cause more damage with a gallon of gas from the lawn mower shed than a firearm.

****I am vehemently against abortion, but absolutely unanimous in my conviction that I would rather see a bad seed swallowed before germination than allowing it to damage things with the above mentioned gallon of gas!

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Surely ever single law enforcement officer is going to go out and buy a safe and secure their guns whenever they come home from work right?

Law enforcement is trained to secure their duty weapons (in a safe) as soon as they arrive home, especially if there are minors in the home.

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    From the time I was twelve I had a shotgun in my closet (along with ammo). Kids who are raised properly, have developed the proper respect for firearms, and who have been trained in safety can in fact have access to guns without the world coming to an end. More one-size-fits all crap from the Nanny state.

Amen!

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If the feds have to use a battering ram to knock down your front door to get to your firearms, are they stored securely enough?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Law enforcement is trained to secure their duty weapons (in a safe) as soon as they arrive home, especially if there are minors in the home.

Pretty broad brush you're using.

I have no doubt many do (especially these days) but it certainly wasn't part of the academy I went through.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Even though my firearms are properly secured and we have no kids in the house, the state has no business telling me what I am allowed to do in my own home!

May 13, 2005
    A few thoughts...

What is the age a minor can stay at home without a parent present?

What happens if a thug gains access to the home while the minor is home alone?

Hypothetically, is the minor - assuming the parent has responsibly trained them from an early age on the safety and responsible usage of them and specifically what to do if a thugs tries to do bad things - supposed to not have access to a firearm/ammo to protect themselves? According to this bill, (and probably existing law) it appears the state says they should not. That, in my opinion, is fvcuked up.

Wonder how the state would proceed if that scenario went down and the minor, a female, shot and killed bad guy trying to rape and kill her in her own home, even though she had "illegal" access to a gun. Basically taking away a huge ability for a capable minor to protect themselves.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    One major downside I see with this bill becoming law is if you're a parent with minors in the home, you cannot keep a gun on the night stand or drawer for easy access in the event of a burglary or threat. By keeping the gun in a unlocked space it technically gives "access" to a minor.

So the law pretty much forces parents with minors in the house to keep the guns locked at all times unless kids are supervised.

Really sticky situation for when this ends up happening...What a shame.

Its a common sense bill right?

Except who are they to tell any citizen how they must store anything in their home... Its called private property for a reason..

Exactly right! Slippery slope when government can tell you how to run your household.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If I remember correctly, Maryland already has a law to secure loaded firearms in the house if there are minors present. Everytown, MDA, and other Bloomberg supported organizations have been pushing to extend this to unloaded firearms. So if you have minors in the house who have no idea how to operate a firearm or don't have the strength or physical dexterity to load a firearm, under the new legislation there would be severe penalties because, omg, an unloaded gun. So the farm family that leaves an unloaded shotgun at the door in case there's a varmint they need to deal with, would be breaking to law. The homeowner that is soaking a firearm in a cleaning solution or rust removing agent in the house while attending to other chores in the yard has broken the law if another family member lets a minor in the home.

Are we supposed to keep dangerous prescription medicines in the safe if we leave home with minors in the house? How about the car keys? How about access to knobs on the gas oven? What proportion of suicides can be linked to legally owned unloaded guns in locked homes falling into the hands of someone who wasn't supposed to handle them? How does this compare to over-the-counter medications in the home?

The big Bloomberg/Everytown/MDA lie is that they are for reasonable common sense gun control. Yet in every state they continuously push for new restrictions, even in the most restrictive states. In the less restrictive states, they'll say that they only want to lock the loaded firearms. It's their MO. The lobbyists want their paycheck.

I wonder if they're also doing away with the MD law that restricts those minors with hunter safety training less strictly.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    One major downside I see with this bill becoming law is if you're a parent with minors in the home, you cannot keep a gun on the night stand or drawer for easy access in the event of a burglary or threat. By keeping the gun in a unlocked space it technically gives "access" to a minor.

So the law pretty much forces parents with minors in the house to keep the guns locked at all times unless kids are supervised.

Really sticky situation for when this ends up happening...What a shame.

Exactly right! Slippery slope when government can tell you how to run your household.

Define access.

Is a trigger, cable or barrel lock not good enough to be stored in an nightstand drawer?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Problem is, too many people are stupid,, they have to put warning labels on hair driers telling you not to use one in the tub.
    So, stupid people can't keep firearms out of kids hands.

I want to know who was the genius that ate the "Preparation H", to get that warning label on it!!!:innocent0

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Guys a lot of stress goes away when you realize you won't abide by what is passed

I see you saying this in a lot of threads.

Generally not the best thing in the world to declare you will be breaking laws. Especially if anything ends up coming up later where someone is looking for evidence to present in court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom