Local source(s) with a decent selection of pistol ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    I usually purchase online in bulk for my rifle ammo and I pretty much know what I like so its not a problem.

I have picked up a couple of handguns lately and want to try a single box of some different types of ammo. This isn't really cost effective with shipping for a box here or there.

Anywhere around the west side of Baltimore (from like Columbia around to 83 or west out to Frederick) that has a decent selection of ammo? I am in Carroll County.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i bought a bunch of different ammo to test out my new rifle recently. grabagun and wholesale hunter have reasonable/fixed shipping costs perfect for an exercise like this. i bought like 6 something boxes from each place and shipping was in the range of $13 at each. also, brownell's usually has a free ship over $50 going but unfortunately they didn't have much in my rifle caliber. actually today they have free ship no minimum but a lot of times they have 10% off, or $10 off $75 and free ship.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If you're looking for 1 box each of several different brands, I'd start at walmart and go from there. Mt Airy and Eldersburg walmarts have been pretty well stocked the last few times I've been there.

If you're looking for more variety than that, the Gettysburg show is coming up next weekend... https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=230459.

Not much of a drive from Carroll County, and you'll probably be able to find normal capacity magazines for your new handguns if you need them.

Ammo Jon is a great suggestion too.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Walmart or a local gun store. Ammo Jon for 1000 rounds or more of one caliber. Depending on caliber and pistol, Federal and American Eagle is generally a good bet. Winchester and Remington/UMC "white box" are less so. In my experience. If you are going to try some hallow points for self defense. More info would help us to help you.

Duffy's, Baltimore's Best Pawn, and Continental are some LGS that you could look at that are close. PA is close too.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Start a well stocked Wal Mart, then fill in from LGS .

You didn't specify the cals , but for popular cals , there are dozens of choices . How an extensive of a research project are you anticipating ?

mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    This is for pretty normal .45 and 9mm range ammo. I have checked the Eburg Wal-Mart and if you want basic Federal or Winchester they have it but thats about it. For defense ammo I will probably just get some Federal Hydra-Shok and call it a day, already have some in 9mm - just need to get some in .45.

I haven't been up to BaltBestPawn in a while, I should definitely swing up there again. They always have plenty of .22LR as well and I will need some more soon.

I rarely get down to the shops in Gaithersburg/Rockville but if I head that direction I will check out United again (nice guys from my first couple of trips there).

The PA gun show sounds like a plan as well. No plans for next weekend anyway and I need some more pmags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom