• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Just listening in all this makes me think I should get an adjustable gas block in particular when I am loading heavies in my AR10 like the 225gr. Because the signs of over gassing are there. First I had to put a piece of felt on the shell deflector because it was hitting it so hard that the brass was getting beat in particular when I am getting close to max on bullets 178gr and plus bullets. In addition after I disassembled the rifle I just noticed how dirty the bolt and chamber were. I am getting a 260 Rem barrel for my other AR10 and I am thinking I will need to get an adjustable gas block for this as well. It is so helpful understanding just what is going on in there. As always I appreciate all the input I get here. Thanks everyone for all your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a sh!t show of problems with my -10 when I switched up to 6.5cm. Adjustable gas block helped some, but it wasn’t until I switched to Tubbs buffer spring and heavy buffer that the problem fully cleared (as well as RCA HP bolt). Clandestine was kind enough to help me work through that train wreck many months ago.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    My AR-10 has done a couple times what is described in the first post. Lots of good info here for me to look at.

The one thing I do now is spray the cases with lube before they go in the magazine. Obviously this isn't fixing anything, but I haven't had any issues since I started doing that.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      13.9 KB · Views: 147

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    Update - I have a cheap endoscope and took a look at the barrel extension. The display is crappy, but from what I can see, everything looks OK.

The new JP bolt and Tubbs spring arrived yesterday. I have headspace gauges so I'll check that before I run any rounds through the rifle. May be a while before I get back to the range though.

LaddyBoy

Jun 15, 2013
    I see you are running 308. If you are not, you might not be going into full battery. You might need to get a full length resizing die that is "undersized". I had this problem with some of my reloads. I got the "undersized" die. I have not had a problem since. Merry Christmas and Happy Shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom