Frostbite Shoot - Jan 27th, 2008 After Action Report!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    Found a Temp FT Job, :D

556Brass1.jpg

556Brass2.jpg

not even half of 5.56 that what was grounded.

I've been sorting all day;)

Note: found a Headstamp, "1K 03 556x45", thinking this is Ingram?

You the one that took all of my pile of 308 brass from the 1919?

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Once again one Hell of a time. Very Safe and Lots of Fun. My thanks goes out to Don, Scott, & Paul for running the show (and any other person who helped out on planning / safety). I was able to shoot Paul's new Glock, a Mauser Broom Handle, and my new SKS. Did anyone ever claim the leather holster on the pistol range? I was going to take it and put a post about "FOUND" but I figured I was leaving a little early so I didn't want to snag it before the owner mossies back over. Congrats and I can't wait till the next shoot. That Stimulus Plan that Bush is talking about may go towards ammo. Too bad we can't make a national "Buy Ammo with your Stimulus Check" day.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Here is a rather anticlimactic video of Novus firing a Dragon's Breath and a shot of people milling about smartly on the line. I guess the Dragon's Breath look more impressive at night. :shrug:

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    Interesting. I figured it was a .50 round of some sort, as it is quite large. It would have definitely hurt, as it is a nasty piece of metal with razor sharp protrusions. Something to keep in mind for the next shoot.

Don,

Might it have been from the Desert Eagle 50 AE? This has me concerned, I don't want anyone hurt, from any of my guns. And I was the only one there with 50BMG, and 50 AE. But the rifle was only shooting ball ammo, according to Barrett, I didn't bring out the match ammo.

If that came from my rifle, even if I didn't fire that round, no more steel plates at 100 yards. We will go to 200-300 yards. But I need to be able to get to the targets.

And my apologies to everyone, if it came from one of my weapons.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Don,

Might it have been from the Desert Eagle 50 AE? This has me concerned, I don't want anyone hurt, from any of my guns. And I was the only one there with 50BMG, and 50 AE. But the rifle was only shooting ball ammo, according to Barrett, I didn't bring out the match ammo.

If that came from my rifle, even if I didn't fire that round, no more steel plates at 100 yards. We will go to 200-300 yards. But I need to be able to get to the targets.

And my apologies to everyone, if it came from one of my weapons.

I just measured it, and the part that is still relatively intact measures just slightly over a half an inch. I'd say it was most likely a .50. No need to apologize, as I know that you wouldn't intentionally put anyone at risk. We'll just add it to the list of lessons learned, and take this into consideration at future events. No one got hurt, and luckily I found it so that at least we know to watch out in the future. Plus, I got a cool souvenir. :)

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    I just measured it, and the part that is still relatively intact measures just slightly over a half an inch. I'd say it was most likely a .50. No need to apologize, as I know that you wouldn't intentionally put anyone at risk. We'll just add it to the list of lessons learned, and take this into consideration at future events. No one got hurt, and luckily I found it so that at least we know to watch out in the future. Plus, I got a cool souvenir. :)

I bet it hit a piece of rebar and not that soft steel plate, and that's what broke the stand.

Want at cartridge case to go with it? I still want that piece of steel too, if it's possible to get it.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I bet it hit a piece of rebar and not that soft steel plate, and that's what broke the stand.

And just to be clear, I don't know for sure that it even belonged to you. It could be something else, but I doubt it. It doesn't look like an expanded .30, but who knows. My eyes are not trained well enough to make a definitive call.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The XCR's were a huge hit.

What are the chances of getting one donated to auction off as a fundraiser next shoot? :)

The XCR is a great rifle. I shot it side by side with the Sig 556, because I was seriously considering getting a 556.

Not any more. I'll be getting a XCR heavy barrel some time in the future. Hopefully a SBR version. There was no recoil from Tziod's heavy barrel XCR when comparing it side by side with the 556 and AR15's.

While I love the AR15 platform, I am looking into getting something new. And ever since I've known Tim (Tzoid) he had had nothing but great things to say about the XCR (and recently about their service, thanks Terra for getting his heavy barrel back to him in record time!).

Between the XCR heavy and the bolt gun I have planed, as well as finishing the Jeep, it's going to be an expensive year.

But fear not, all items will be paid for out of state in order to skip the state sales tax :D:D

I'll make sure I prepay all the items I can so I can skip that lovely sales tax and keep as much out of the likttle pricks hands!

GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    Thanks to Norton and Spot77 for running another excellent shoot. And special thanks to Spot77 for immortalizing myself and a couple other friends with some great pics.

I hope everyone enjoyed the steel plate target stands that we built for this shoot. Aside from one mishap with the .50, I think they held up quite well, good thing we had replacement crossmembers ready to go LOL.

Here are a few more pics for everyones enjoyment.

Myself with my RRA M4:

snake001.jpg

snake002.jpg

New guy Frank and his M24:

snake005.jpg

Me again on the M24:

snake009.jpg

Hows that for timeing eh?

And here are a few of the "Sniper Team" lol:

snake011.jpg

snake012.jpg

snake013.jpg

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Here is a rather anticlimactic video of Novus firing a Dragon's Breath and a shot of people milling about smartly on the line. I guess the Dragon's Breath look more impressive at night. :shrug:

Three rounds of Dragon's Breath: $17
    Shipping: $3
    HAZMAT fee: $20

Feeling ripped off in front of an audience with a bunch of video cameras after firing a $13 pyrotechnic round that could have been duplicated with 30¢ of Pyrodex and .003¢ of toilet paper.....priceless :mad54:

:o

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Three rounds of Dragon's Breath: $17
    Shipping: $3
    HAZMAT fee: $20

Feeling ripped off in front of an audience with a bunch of video cameras after firing a $13 pyrotechnic round that could have been duplicated with 30¢ of Pyrodex and .003¢ of toilet paper.....priceless :mad54:

:lol2: That's great!

I'll bet it's pretty cool at night though, and probably pretty scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom