• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    AFAIK, it is illegal to receive magazines over a capacity of 10 in Maryland. The merchant is doing the right thing. Any maneuvers to trick them to sending them to you is asking for trouble.

As said above, head out to PA or VA or WV and pick up what you want. Possessing is fine in state, transferring, not.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    "Any sites that are aware of the actual law that allows out of state dealers to sell/ship to MD?
    Suggestions, or site that allows hi capacity mags to be ordered?"

OK, I have to ask the OP.....what are you talking about???

You cant receive +10 mags in Maryland.....what "actual law" are you speaking of? Do you mean you are exempt?

When things are posted on this site, that give the appearance of attempting to skirt laws, it makes us all look bad.....that upsets me.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Not to pile on.....But you're upset that a company won't help you break the law?

Mr H

Banana'd
    AFAIK, it is illegal to receive magazines over a capacity of 10 in Maryland. The merchant is doing the right thing. Any maneuvers to trick them to sending them to you is asking for trouble.

As said above, head out to PA or VA or WV and pick up what you want. Possessing is fine in state, transferring, not.

You are correct.

Unless the OP is exempt the transaction he describes is illegal. If he is exempt, I certainly wouldn't expect online merchants to set up for one-offs.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Was trying to order 30rd mags from Brownells but getting no shipping option as it states Maryland as restricted from purchase...

Any sites that are aware of the actual law that allows out of state dealers to sell/ship to MD?
    Suggestions, or site that allows hi capacity mags to be ordered?

Seen a few mentions of getting a prepaid card and creating a out of state billing address but wouldn't that still get pinged by having a Maryland ship to address in the end plus pain in the ass of setting one up and paying $5-7 just to buy one of those reloadable cards?
    F&$k I hate Maryland and it's bs

For a new guy, this is an interesting post. :innocent0

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Road trip

A little gas and toll money will take care of your dilemma ...

Attachments

• Cabelas.jpg
      Cabelas.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 1,217

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    How do dealers get around this issue? Forgive me if it's a stupid question.

There are NO dealers in The PRofMD who are allowed to sell magazines over 10rd capacity to MD residents, except law enforcement.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    There are NO dealers in The PRofMD who are allowed to sell magazines over 10rd capacity.

Almost correct. Dealers can sell high cap mags to LEOs and sell them to out of state residents.( ie: Internet sales )

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I know they can't sell them. But, when they order their supply from say, glock, do the guns not come with standard magazines?

Depends on their distributors. Most of the time they come with the standard issued mags with that certain firearm. It's the dealers responsibility to remove them before a sale to a MD resident.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Ok, so, the dealer CAN have standard capacity magazines shipped to them. Is that because there is an exemption in the law?

Somewhat. The dealer is not the actual purchaser or " end user" of the mag. Just like a MD dealer can have "banned" rifles in his shop for sale, just not to MD residents.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom