• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    It's been a little while since we have sent out an update on where we are with regards to the HQL Lawsuit.*

To date, we have raised $21,138.00 to challenge the HQL in court. In addition, we have money*available*from a fund drive to challenge what was then HB281 in the amount of $18,924.00. The HB281 funds are currently used to purchase our HQL brochures,*FSA 2013 brochures, and for anything related to FSA 2013.*This gives us $40,062.00 to go towards the HQL lawsuit.

We have a commitment from an attorney to take the case*for $50,000, up front, as a flat fee. We will be meeting with counsel next week to discuss the case further. Now is the time for MSI to pony up and write the*check.*We need*an additional $10,000 to secure counsel.

We have roughly 8,000 2nd Amendment enthusiasts*on our email list. We know ~25% of those actually open the email and read it. That brings us down to 2,000 people. If every one of those 2,000 donated $5.00, we would have our needed $10k.*

We are now challenging*YOU to support MSI's legal challenge to the HQL. We are asking you to open up your wallets and make a donation. The larger the better, but every dollar helps. I would like to walk into our meeting next week knowing that we have the full $50,000 available for the case.

To donate, all you need to do is click on the*Paypal link below! You don't even need to go to our website (which you can still do)! We are making this as easy as possible for everyone involved. This is a MAJOR first step in a long journey.

Click Here To Donate!

If you wish to mail a check, please do so! Make checks payable to:

Maryland Shall Issue
    1332 Cape St. Claire Rd
    Annapolis, MD 21409

Will you help us fight for*Maryland Citizens?

We thank you in advance for your continued support!

Sincerely,

MXRider
    Treasurer
    Maryland Shall Issue

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I now reside in PA in part due to fsa2013 but If funds allow I will try to send a few bucks your way. My dad and brother still reside in Md for the time being. I will see what I can do.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I just made a donation.

$40.

Throw in, everybody. Time for money where the mouth is.

Mr H

Banana'd

This won't be popular, but I have to say it... so I'll try to be gentle.

We have members here who have gone far in Life's Lottery. Some may have given, but I suspect more have not.

We have members without two pennies to rub together. Some give, and I praise them heartily.

Most of us are in the middle. I see a lot of folks with 10, 20, 50 dollar contributions. Better than none, of course, and I applaud every penny.

I guess my point here is that there are people here who say they support the Right, but despite their means to assist they don't.

I'm not about wallet-measuring, with regard to who's contributed more... but I do expect that, of that $20K+, people who don't have it to spare easily have handled the lion's share.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I sent in $20 just now. Here's to hoping you make it to the 50K!

I firmly believe that we will

I now reside in PA in part due to fsa2013 but If funds allow I will try to send a few bucks your way. My dad and brother still reside in Md for the time being. I will see what I can do.

Thank you

I just made a donation.

$40.

Thank you and yes it is that time.

I also just sent $20 towards the cause!

Thank you
    Just donated $20.

Thank you

This won't be popular, but I have to say it... so I'll try to be gentle.

We have members here who have gone far in Life's Lottery. Some may have given, but I suspect more have not.

We have members without two pennies to rub together. Some give, and I praise them heartily.

Most of us are in the middle. I see a lot of folks with 10, 20, 50 dollar contributions. Better than none, of course, and I applaud every penny.

I guess my point here is that there are people here who say they support the Right, but despite their means to assist they don't.

I'm not about wallet-measuring, with regard to who's contributed more... but I do expect that, of that $20K+, people who don't have it to spare easily have handled the lion's share.

As the treasurer of MSI, this has been my biggest frustration. I know that those that are donating are the ones that are least able to do so (generally speaking). If the overall community actually stepped up to the plate, this wouldn't be a question.

Happy to send in 5 bucks. Good luck!

Thank you

$10 sent. I'm broke, but felt the need to help.

See my comment above responding to Mr H. We TRULY appreciate every single penny!

Just sent another $25. Wish I could afford to do more.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom