Annapolis MD
    UPS Drivers.jpg
    :rolleyes:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    If you mean ice storms, look west on the weather map. Dallas was a disaster area and many other areas affected as well.

Pretty sure Texas isn't on the route from Wyoming to Maryland. I can see how that would confuse you though. It's definitely very close...

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I drive a tractor trailer. They don't go real well in ice storms.

Don't think ice effected this shipment. Started out in OKC. Looks like it spent all day sitting in Nashville and then again in Roanoke, now a long weekend in Laurel. :sad20:

Oklahoma City, OK, United States 12/02/2013 11:44 P.M. Origin Scan

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Don't reeber seeing anything about one recently. mmight be wrong tho.

Pretty sure Texas isn't on the route from Wyoming to Maryland. I can see how that would confuse you though. It's definitely very close...

I was responding to your post where you said you do not remember seeing anything about one recently. I did not see in your post that I quoted here where you mentioned not seeing one in Wyoming. I am glad to see that "Hooked on Phonics "worked for you. Apparently you also don't know how hub shipping works. The OPs package is not put on a truck and driven straight to him. Sometimes freight takes odd paths to fill trucks. I also used Dallas as an example to illustrate that there was ice in places that aren't used to seeing it. The storms were widespread and covered a large section of the country. No confusion here.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    This post is for all the haters

I have been working 9.5-11 hour days for the last two weeks playing santa. Friday we were informed all major distribution hubs would be working through the weekend to try and get cought up from the delays (storm/overload) and expect to 14 hour days Monday and Tuesday.

If a day or two delay is that big of a deal I would suggest you drive across the country to get your ammo and see what option is better!

Us UPS drivers (and FedEx) work our asses off and are under huge pressure from supervision to get boxes delivered on time (especially this time of year). So what im trying to say is sorry for your delayed package but SUCK IT UP and quit crying!

Sorry for the rant to all non haters but it gets under my skin when someone complains because they have to wait an extra day or two for something they order from hundreds or thousands of miles away. ;)

Jan 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD

I have been working 9.5-11 hour days for the last two weeks playing santa. Friday we were informed all major distribution hubs would be working through the weekend to try and get cought up from the delays (storm/overload) and expect to 14 hour days Monday and Tuesday.

If a day or two delay is that big of a deal I would suggest you drive across the country to get your ammo and see what option is better!

Us UPS drivers (and FedEx) work our asses off and are under huge pressure from supervision to get boxes delivered on time (especially this time of year). So what im trying to say is sorry for your delayed package but SUCK IT UP and quit crying!

Sorry for the rant to all non haters but it gets under my skin when someone complains because they have to wait an extra day or two for something they order from hundreds or thousands of miles away. ;)

Cheers.:beer: I have 53 hours logged last week. Stuff gets loaded onto the wrong truck, stuff gets lost or hidden inside the trucks. During peak season, it is not as simple as just drive and deliver.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

This is one of the reasons I take my vacation this time of year. We are just crazy at work.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    On a related note: A Fedex delivery guy driving a Budget Rental truck delivered something to our house last night. I've never seen that before. I wanted to ask him but he dropped the package and left.

They're past capacity and are renting trucks due to that. I myself have a package stuck in Late Trailer hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom