• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Windham HBC

Got mine via GunBroker and shipped to Blue Fins.

I am very satisfied.

The only problem I have is it likes to eat lots of ammo. :)

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    LMT or KAC. If not one of those two then Daniel Defence. If not a DD, then build one or have a shop such as Engage help you out.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    LMT or KAC. If not one of those two then Daniel Defence. If not a DD, then build one or have a shop such as Engage help you out.
    I keep hearing a lot of great things about Engage but haven't been there yet. I need to stop by to....look ;)

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    My first AR was a Core15, very satisfied with the rifle. From there, all my other AR's started out as stripped lowers I assembled myself. If you are handy with basic tools, buy a few low cost speciality tools available online, and can watch some youtube videos, you can build your own AR. Extremely simple to do, and you can save hundreds of dollars. No need to spend $600+ dollars for a good serviceable quality rifle that will perform great. You get to pick and choose what parts you want to install. And it is a lot of fun to do.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I keep hearing a lot of great things about Engage but haven't been there yet. I need to stop by to....look ;)

I've been emailing them back and forth trying to get a quote for about a month now, Im ready to buy, but I want to know if they have what I want in stock before driving two and a half hours there. I said I want to buy and haven't got a reply back :mad54:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've been emailing them back and forth trying to get a quote for about a month now, Im ready to buy, but I want to know if they have what I want in stock before driving two and a half hours there. I said I want to buy and haven't got a reply back :mad54:

They deal with enough window shoppers on the intarwebz. Drive up there and tell them exactly what you want. If they don't have the parts, they will order them for you and call you when your rifle is assembled and ready for pick up.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Engage builds custom rifles, however you want them. They deal with a lot of internet poseurs who waste their time with no intention of buying. As DaemonAssassin said, go there in person, explain exactly what you want, and order it. I doubt you'll be disappointed. It helps to verify ahead of time that the person you want to speak with will be there.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    EA has built at least 2 customs for me with another that's almost done. Be patient. Trust me if Nate, Carlos or Andy have anything to do with it, it will be worth it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Engage builds custom rifles, however you want them. They deal with a lot of internet poseurs who waste their time with no intention of buying. As DaemonAssassin said, go there in person, explain exactly what you want, and order it. I doubt you'll be disappointed. It helps to verify ahead of time that the person you want to speak with will be there.
    Not only do they do custom rifles, they build incredible custom rifles and their mascot likes legs. We'll their mascot likes legs as long as he hasn't eaten any Kung Pao Chicken... Damn Brutus, you're killing me over here!

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    +1 for Engage.

They went out of their way to order a complete upper for me that was impossible to get. They are dedicated to the customer.

As stated before...take a ride down, talk to them about what you want and how you want it and let them get it together for you. They typically have examples available so you know what you will be getting. Heck, you may even find something ready to go. Good people, good quality and reasonable prices. You get what you pay for.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I'm in the market for my first AR. I am looking for durability and reliability and sure, accuracy. DI only please. This would be my SHTF rifle, as well as a fun range plinker. Because of marylands gun laws I know I am limited in my options otherwise I would buy KAC or Noveske. I know the HBAR Colts, LMTs (although hard to find now) and LWRC DI are good options. Precision Firearms in WV make HBARs that are match fitted, giesselle triggers, lothar walther barrels, and so on. Anyone have any experience with them? Are there any worthy options/brands that I don't know about? Because it will be my first, and for a while only AR, I would like a pre-built rifle with a good reputation, made for warfare. I know this topic has been beat to death so I appreciate the input.

I vote for Engage, but ask about the dissapator length upper, carbine length gas with almost full length sight radius for accuracy it's a delightful marriage, they do a bang up job on them.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hear a ton about engage but how do their rifles go as far as their .223 wylde barrel? MOA capable?

The WOA barrels they use are MOA to sub-MOA with the right shooter and ammo. If you want to get all the accuracy out of the platform you can, be sure to get a free floated hand guard installed. They do damn good work and have supported the community and forum for years. Just man up and drive to see them. It will be worth it.

I didn't go with a WOA barrel, I brought a Shilen in and asked them to assemble my upper for me, since I didn't have the tools at the time and I didn't know how to do it back then. It was also the first Shilen AR barrel they had ever seen...

If you are just window shopping, then you may want to look in their IP section, or find a shop closer to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom