Anti Gunners to sit in on permit review board meetings...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Exactly.

At the NRA vigil, before we got started the leader of the Pinks came over "to say hi."

At one point, she said to me, "Too bad you guys don't have any women on your side."

I'm not used to these activities, don't think on my feet real fast in conflict situations, and I was not prepared with a comeback. Of course, I thought of two or three since, but it's too late now.

What struck me was that passive aggressive tactic of being nice, smiling in my face and saying something that on the surface is innocuous, but is really a subtle dig.

Prepare yourselves.

Oh, and that woman in post #43 looks absolutely insane to me. If I were to ever encounter her in public, even not knowing who she is, I would give her a wide berth.

The answer is..."I am offended by your assumption of behalf of all women..

And please do not make assumptions about gender based on appearance...

Now go away until you are ready to apologize.."

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is a job for "Liberty is NOT a loophole" hats.

Ordered.

I've fronted for 50 which are on their way, possibly as soon as the 20th.

They will be available for a minimum of $15, with everything over my cost going to the MSI general fund. I reserve the right to give some away without argument ;)

I will not be doing shipping, but could consider a few pickup locations (as with the t-shirts).

Attachments

• libhat.JPG
      libhat.JPG
      14.5 KB · Views: 370

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ordered.

I've fronted for 50 which are on their way, possibly as soon as the 20th.

They will be available for a minimum of $15, with everything over my cost going to the MSI general fund.

I will not be doing shipping, but could consider several pickup locations (as with the t-shirts).

Cool..

I am in..

We should also consider stickers etc..

It really is a,winner .

Morale patches work as well

I also think a don't tread graffic... the snake...but with the revised mesage...is harder to demonize.

Lots of good possiblies.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    True, but they are the public face of the behind-the-scenes skullduggery that got Jurgena canned.

A succinct explanation by Mr. Jurgena as to why he was proud of the Board was printed in WaPo letters to the editor column yesterday. A search on-line today for it turned up nothing. Hmmmmmmmm.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    FWIW, neither Marylanders to Prevent Guns nor the Moms Desperate for Attention put in an appearance this week. Due to the holiday schedule, there is another hearing on the 19th so we'll see what happens. I suspect they couldn't get anybody on the payroll to give up their evenings.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    A succinct explanation by Mr. Jurgena as to why he was proud of the Board was printed in WaPo letters to the editor column yesterday. ...
    It's here ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...b96aa6-4777-11e6-8dac-0c6e4accc5b1_story.html

A record of transparency to be proud of

Letters to the Editor

July 11

The July 3 Metro article “Hogan’s appointees reshape key Md. panels” noted that the Maryland Senate narrowly rejected my nomination to the Handgun Permit Review Board [snip]...

Retired police and corrections officers were being denied permits by the previous Democratic-controlled board without consideration that felons they had apprehended or supervised in prison are now being released. The previous board met in a room too small for public attendance and allowed no recording devices other than its own. The previous board met in violation of the Maryland Open Meetings Act. We moved hearings to a larger locale and allowed both video and audio recording and meetings in the open. We established better communication with the Maryland Handgun Permit Unit to include its investigations to determine when a person might have a reasonable anticipation of imminent danger. We addressed a backlog of cases going back almost a year.

That is a record I am proud of.

Comments supporting his letter can be made at the website.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Has anyone checked the anti's social media to see if they all showed up but found there was no one in Pikesville for the meeting? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom