• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What will it take to increase the size of the atf? Trump would look bad not to sign off on an increased budget for them. They are already making more rules for him so they may get perks just for that, budget wise. Follow the money.
    If someone says they will not comply ... flags may fly, red that is.
    GB

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    What will it take to increase the size of the atf? Trump would look bad not to sign off on an increased budget for them. They are already making more rules for him so they may get perks just for that, budget wise. Follow the money.
    If someone says they will not comply ... flags may fly, red that is.
    GB
    ATF's budget is noise even within its own Department's budget. Nobody other than a small number of pro and anti-2A advocates notices. ATF's budget isn't something that Ds can use in a campaign commercial, so I doubt it's on the D House Leadership's Top 500 Issues List.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The ATF mostly likely will be over overwhelmed. Only meant currently for
    firearms bought at FFL.
    I'd think would require registration, also a non starter.

The FBI runs NICS, not the ATF.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The ATF mostly likely will be over overwhelmed. Only meant currently for
    firearms bought at FFL.
    I'd think would require registration, also a non starter.

Nah. It can just be a system where you enter a buyer's info off his driver's license. The app either returns a "Proceed," "Denied" or "Hold and call for more info" or something like that.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    This will pass the House and Senate by large margins. Trump will sign it into law. All the polling of average people points to it passing.

Which is why I've said for years we need to compromise. Give them universal background checks, for free, from a smart phone in exchange for reciprocity and a repeal of the interstate transfer ban.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Which is why I've said for years we need to compromise. Give them universal background checks, for free, from a smart phone in exchange for reciprocity and a repeal of the interstate transfer ban.

First off, they would never agree to it. But let’s say they would, UBC’s in exchange for repeal of GCA ‘34, ‘68, ‘86, national reciprocity, and no more gun and/or magazine bans. See how they like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Every time I hear the term "common sense" come or of a Liberal's mouth, I want to vomit.

This is why i say trump should rename "the wall" to "the common sense physical barrier".

haha someone told me i dont like the common sense gun laws because i have no common sense. See the above rename for the wall...

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

Careful. You wouldn't want to enter the world of compromise around here.

If more politicians thought like this the country would be in a better place. Problem is none of them want to compromise because then they wouldn't get reelected. As much as people say they want compromise they just want the other side to compromise.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The concept of "compromise" doesn't work when it comes to guns. Normally a compromise is where two parties each have something of value the other wants. After negotiations each side gives up something to get something in a deal both sides can live with. When it comes to guns it doesn't work...one side (us) has our firearms freedoms. The other side (them)...wants our rights but has nothing of value or substance to offer in return but promises (if that). They want us to compromise by giving up some of our rights...they give up nothing in return. It's an inequitable negotiation. If we compromise like that...our rights are gone after only a few consecutive negations and compromises....they have have lost nothing but gained everything.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Give them universal background checks, for free, from a smart phone in exchange for reciprocity and a repeal of the interstate transfer ban.

Don't even head down that road unless you include the HPA while you're at it.

No compromising unless we get national reciprocity, over the counter suppressors, and federal preemption to force states like ours to act like most of the rest and stop infringing on the constitution. Then they can have a UBC which will, of course, do exactly nothing to stop criminals from passing around stolen or fraudulently purchased guns.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

Constitutional carry nationwide (you can legally possess the gun so you should be able to legally carry it) AND repeal the NFA and GCA 1968 (which includes the interstate transfer ban). No ammo, magazine, or magazine capacity limits for legal gun owners. No gun confiscations without due process. No AWBs or any other bans based on cosmetics or military association.

You want your UBCs ? Here ya' go.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    First off, they would never agree to it. But let’s say they would, UBC’s in exchange for repeal of GCA ‘34, ‘68, ‘86, national reciprocity, and no more gun and/or magazine bans. See how they like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works for me.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Constitutional carry nationwide (you can legally possess the gun so you should be able to legally carry it) AND repeal the NFA and GCA 1968 (which includes the interstate transfer ban). No ammo, magazine, or magazine capacity limits for legal gun owners. No gun confiscations without due process. No AWBs or any other bans based on cosmetics or military association.

You want your UBCs ? Here ya' go.

Sounds good to me. I'd even be okay with keeping the NFA rules provided that:

a) no $200 fee
    b) maximum of 30 day to approve, no 12 month BS
    c) no permission needed to move it out of state

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Where is the historical evidence that compromising has benefited gun rights advocates?

And arguably the biggest (only?) federal gun rights bill in the last decade was the Credit Card Act, signed by Obama, giving us carry in National Parks.

I hate UBCs, because I see them as a back door to universal registration, and they will make you a straw purchaser if you loan your rifle to your buddy for the weekend, and him an illegal possessor. Yes, there is a way you could write the law to exclude those and other situations. But how the heck do you enforce it without keeping a perpetual database of the UBCs?

Even so. The train has left the station and I fear we have generally lost the argument against UBCs. We might as well get as much as we can, while we can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom