• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At the risk of cliche , .22lr is great for starting new shooters, particularly apprehensive ones ( not a gender thing ) . Less noise , essentially no recoil . Get them comfortable with marksmanship basics, general gun handling, and the concept of shooting a scary gun .

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    At the risk of cliche , .22lr is great for starting new shooters, particularly apprehensive ones ( not a gender thing ) . Less noise , essentially no recoil . Get them comfortable with marksmanship basics, general gun handling, and the concept of shooting a scary gun .
    Yes one of the guns I rented was a 22 the other was a 9.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    You have a link to this thing?
    It also comes with a speed loader. I wouldn't mind knowing what you think

283603b8e9bc99809a36cb834d864c64.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It also comes with a speed loader. I wouldn't mind knowing what you think

283603b8e9bc99809a36cb834d864c64.jpg

Honestly if you are asking for a opinion, I have none. I have no experience with the pistol you purchased. The only thing that matters is that you like it. But the other side of the coin is that you could have gone the LE trade in route and picked up a sweet pistol for not a lot of money.

P.S. Glock is better than S&W, and HK is better than Glock. :D

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Honestly if you are asking for a opinion, I have none. I have no experience with the pistol you purchased. The only thing that matters is that you like it. But the other side of the coin is that you could have gone the LE trade in route and picked up a sweet pistol for not a lot of money.

P.S. Glock is better than S&W, and HK is better than Glock. :D
    Rented Glock liked SW feel and trigger better, and it was cheaper. G19 gen5. Just was asking about the price

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Rented Glock liked SW feel and trigger better, and it was cheaper. G19 gen5. Just was asking about the price

Ok, I'll level with you. The Glock and HK things was a playful poke at S&W. Everybody has their preferences and that is fine.

It seems as if you missed the thing I said about LE trade in.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/207973
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/192956
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/172696
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/175547
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/175546

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    No I saw it I was just walking the dog I guess I forgot to include it. I couldn't find any that were glock 9 they were all 40s, and with it being the first I didn't think I knew enough to buy a used gun. I never considered to look for the m&p I don't know why but I always think Glock police. But either way I wanted the m&p 2.0. also the silly restriction on the mag size, I didn't want any Hang-Ups with the transfer and then have to look for new mags.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    The m&p is a fine choice if you like it.

The best thing you can buy right now is plenty of ammo, range time, and training. Get some cleaner, motor oil, patches and a cleaning rod. Shoot a couple thousand rounds then you'll have a better idea what you need.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Doesn’t say what capacity mags comes with this so I hope it isn’t above 10 rounds because no ffl in Maryland will allow the transfer as it’s against the law.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No I saw it I was just walking the dog I guess I forgot to include it. I couldn't find any that were glock 9 they were all 40s, and with it being the first I didn't think I knew enough to buy a used gun. I never considered to look for the m&p I don't know why but I always think Glock police. But either way I wanted the m&p 2.0. also the silly restriction on the mag size, I didn't want any Hang-Ups with the transfer and then have to look for new mags.

LE trade in guns may look like hell on the exterior from holster wear, but internally they are tip top. Very low round count sidearms and most come with night sights. The best part is they are usually 200+ less than a gun shop NIB sidearm.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    LE trade in guns may look like hell on the exterior from holster wear, but internally they are tip top. Very low round count sidearms and most come with night sights. The best part is they are usually 200+ less than a gun shop NIB sidearm.
    Yeah, I did know that from my research. Unfortunately I can only find them online. So I didn't want to mess with something I couldn't hold and look at. And like I said they were all 40's. All along I was looking at the Glock 19 Gen 5. Then it was between the Springfield mod2 and the m&p 2.0. could never find a mod 2 I could rent.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    The m&p is a fine choice if you like it.

The best thing you can buy right now is plenty of ammo, range time, and training. Get some cleaner, motor oil, patches and a cleaning rod. Shoot a couple thousand rounds then you'll have a better idea what you need.
    I can honestly say I've only heard of motor oil in this thread. I've been researching for months. I like learning new ways. How many rounds how much time is normal for one session.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I can honestly say I've only heard of motor oil in this thread. I've been researching for months. I like learning new ways. How many rounds how much time is normal for one session.

I’ll usually shoot about 500 a session but maybe I’m abnormal?

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I’ll usually shoot about 500 a session but maybe I’m abnormal?
    How long does that take you? And is that just straight-up shooting and reloading or are you also taking breaks?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

How many rounds do you want to shoot and how much time do you want to spend at the range? You have to answer that before going in with too little ammo or too much for the time you want to spend.

Depending on what I want to shoot, I'll take anywhere from 100-500 rounds and spend anywhere from an hour to 3 hours at the range. But bear in mind that is me and my personal preferences. Most of the time I'll come back with some ammo that was not expended, and a bunch of brass for reloading.

EDIT:
    The motor oil is dependent of frequency of shooting and number of rounds expended. Case in point: I lubed an AR pistol in March and did not have to do a total relube it till September, after expending 600 rounds through it. Cleaning for me is based on a round count or time frame, if I don't shoot it very often.

Lubrication is a personal thing, based on the platform and what the owners manual says. For a Glock, I'll expend 1000 rounds and clean it, but I will do a quick lube before every range session, if needed. Check the thread below for more info about the AR, but the lubrication principles can be utilized on other platforms.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190079

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom