• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Once upon a decade , knew an MPD Ofc who used a Buck 110 to slash tire on a Corvette to prevent it from being a getaway car . He reported catching more flak for that, than if he'd just shot the guy.

But indeed, new safety technologies like improved glass and glass treatments will mess with simple default methods to imobilize and extract from vehicles .

Just spitballing , but a variation on a Boot ? Clamp on , but without key locking, and designed so that can be applied safely from far enough away from vehicle to not get struck by vehicle .

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    While not easy to carry around with you, just smash the ceramic part of a spark plug with a hammer. Throw it at a car window. Voila. Window shattered.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    If they thought enough about the possibility of the person fleeing to deploy spike strips... a patrol car in front and back of the vehicle should NOT have been an afterthought... unless in HoCo you get your pee pee smacked for scratching a cruiser. Just sayin'... not bashing.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Why didn’t they try different window?

Also saw a new net thing that can be deployed from a vehicle to snare a wheel and attach to the deploying car? It’s new so don’t expect it to be in the field yet. Downside is if they go over the cliff both cars do.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If they thought enough about the possibility of the person fleeing to deploy spike strips... a patrol car in front and back of the vehicle should NOT have been an afterthought... unless in HoCo you get your pee pee smacked for scratching a cruiser. Just sayin'... not bashing.

I think you're in the ballpark of the problem. Not so much that they were specifically worried about damaging a cruiser but just a general mindset of whatever you do decisive, it's going to get you in trouble, and no one will have your back. So people make weak decisions, because that's what their weak chief wants of them, and voila we see the results. It was just very fortunate nobody got hurt this time.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think you're in the ballpark of the problem. Not so much that they were specifically worried about damaging a cruiser but just a general mindset of whatever you do decisive, it's going to get you in trouble, and no one will have your back. So people make weak decisions, because that's what their weak chief wants of them, and voila we see the results. It was just very fortunate nobody got hurt this time.
    Ed Zachary.

I would like to think that had there been a child who needed out of that car that their efforts might not have been so anemic but I'm not so sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I’m 99% sure that’s a Toyota Venza and not a Volvo. Pretty crazy, she must of had something illegal on her that she refused to comply. I’m no expert but they left too much room if the car was truly boxed in they wouldn’t be able to accelerate enough to move the other cars out of the way.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    We cannot box cars in. We can “block traffic” and hope for the best, which is what it appears to have happened. Shitty policy only leaves half measures.

As far as the window, I would guess they didn’t want to spray her with glass. It looked like she wasn’t swinging for the fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom