• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    Best part is,it shows criminals don't follow laws no matter how many there are.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    If the regulators believed in the effectiveness of these measures, they would provide comparable tax incentives for gun dealers to fortify their security.

This sounds more like a plan to disincentivize gun businesses.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'd like to see proof of this claim

Not as crazy as it sounds. I'll take as face value it will cost Freestate $30k. That is about the the cost of a live security guard after hours. If I were one of the bigger volume dealers I might vote for this on the basis that it would drive one or more smaller outfits out of business and it would be good for volume and revenue.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    How about Harry Homeowner with a collection?
    How about a gunsmith?
    How about a designated collector?
    How about C&R?

Does Walmart and Dicks need to secure all their glass doors and windows? How about the skylights?

This will never end.

The first 4 don't have signs in front of their houses stating "I am a gunsmith/ collector/federal firearms licensee" nor do they have their collections in the windows to be see by all
    Seems that freestanding businesses are somewhat different. We all have a good idea how this will go down. Either businesses fix their security issues to prevent mass thefts or Maryland will do it.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Regulating the victims to deter criminals. Takes a very special mindset to think this way.

Look at how those guns look? They were asking for it. ; )

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    No, it will NOT stop the robberies. They will just be done in different ways.

When cars got harder to steal the scum went to car jackings. I can see similar here, they may just walk in and start shooting and then take what they want.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    No, it will NOT stop the robberies. They will just be done in different ways.

When cars got harder to steal the scum went to car jackings. I can see similar here, they may just walk in and start shooting and then take what they want.

That already has happened, probably 30 years ago give or take. A gun store on Harford Road (or maybe Bel Air Road?) In the City down past Northern Parkway somewhere.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What shops in Baltimore County have been robbed multiple times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbed? Only a few. Victims of multiple burglaries....that's a much higher number. For obvious reasons they don't come on here or the news and advertise it.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    “5,652 firearms were stolen nationwide “
    Out of 1/2 billion guns in stores and private hands? If only banks were that secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Three Cheers for Johnny O, destined to be the "best" CE Baltimore County ever had..."Hip-Hip-Flush...tank refills...Hip-Hip-Flush...tank refills...Hip-Hip-Flush..."

...and I thought Kamenetz was bad...jeez!

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    Gun Shows affected, too...

This will impact what goes on at the Timonium Fairgrounds, too. "Under the plan, a temporary gun show must have a security plan approved by the Chief of Police that includes an alarm system, video surveillance and live security guard coverage when the show is closed." The devil will be in the details. The Maryland Arms Collectors show in March has the live security guard coverage. Whether that is or will be enough remains to be seen.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The article suggests that this was with the help of Baltimore County FFLs.The more recent ones burglars are crashing cars into buildings. I really dont know how you stop this, except with a 2 live security guards, one doing overwatch with a 50bmg.

After they did this to Valley Guns, they put in bollards.

Johnny jOke ran on a campaign of moderation and no new taxes. He got into office and almost immediately raised taxes and showed his true colors with his HOME act essentially removing private property rights from landlords...THEN he instituted "equity policing" which basically requires the police to "ignore" minor infractions committed by minorities...NOW this...Baltimore County elected a communist..I am quite certain there is a moderate amount of voter regret among the democrats that only vote for them because that's what they have always done....Ignorant people who don't do their homework often live to regret their choices..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom