• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    basically, yes. when a CA state resident receives a CPC 1203.4 relief, with right restoration, the state of CA does NOT update the FBIs federal database, per the office of the CA AG.

the request for database update MUST come from a prosecutors or law enforcement organization, per the FBI

Per Boats statement "State of CA does not update"

It doesn't say will not.

Seams like OP's Attorney could request CA AG office send a request for update to FBI if they are willing then OP could just wait for update?

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Per Boats statement "State of CA does not update"

It doesn't say will not.

Seams like OP's Attorney could request CA AG office send a request for update to FBI if they are willing then OP could just wait for update?

That is my belief as well but IANAL

Ciditad

Nov 27, 2019
    Kind of resurrecting this post from the dead, here’s an update with no real updates:
    - Ed Hershon disappeared on me. I last spoke with him around January and he’s not been heard from since. No response to emails or voicemails. His website got updated recently but I have no idea where he is. This is very disappointing, at least tell me whether I’ve got a case or not. If not I’ll just eventually relocate to a more gun friendly state.

- I tried going to my state senator, spoke with one of his assistants, she recommended me to an attorney who in turn said I need professional 2A help and recommended me to an attorney, guess who that was? Ed Hershon. I told him that I haven’t heard from Ed in months and I have no idea where my money’s been spent, he said he’ll try to contact Ed for me, I’m not holding my breath at this point.

- I’m also thinking of lobbying my state senator to amend the law or at least clarify for someone in my shoes, not sure how far that can go.

- I have looked extensively at BP rifles, shotguns, and revolvers. I will most likely go with both an AGC 12GA BP shotgun using Triple7 pellets and shots + 1858 New Army revolver with 30g pyrodex pellets & round balls (apparently balls do better than wadcutters), but by the time I decided Covid19 happened and I’m now just waiting for things to settle a bit financially. I did get a crossbow and it’s surprisingly powerful & accurate but realized while it’s pretty fun I can’t use it for home defense.

- I also got a Valken M17 paintball gun + Grimburg HP68 first strike rounds (YouTube videos show some pretty interesting level of less lethal power), so that’ll be my primary home defense along with a spear and katana stye machete (years of kendo lessons).

I’m not trying to bad mouth Ed Hershon, just that I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of communication and response.

I’ve done so much reading on BP stuff I think even if I get my 2A rights back I’m going to keep playing with BP guns. Though I’m not sure which firing range around the area allows BP shooting? The 1858 revolvers just seem really fun.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    You can also shoot BP at any MD state range (Myrtle Grove, Green Ridge, etc.). Cresap in Frederick allows BP rifles at the far end of the range, but its 100yd only. They *might* be willing to let you shoot on the pistol range with a revolver, but don't quote me on that. Call to ask first.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Kind of resurrecting this post from the dead, here’s an update with no real updates:
    - Ed Hershon disappeared on me. I last spoke with him around January and he’s not been heard from since. No response to emails or voicemails. His website got updated recently but I have no idea where he is. This is very disappointing, at least tell me whether I’ve got a case or not. If not I’ll just eventually relocate to a more gun friendly state.

- I tried going to my state senator, spoke with one of his assistants, she recommended me to an attorney who in turn said I need professional 2A help and recommended me to an attorney, guess who that was? Ed Hershon. I told him that I haven’t heard from Ed in months and I have no idea where my money’s been spent, he said he’ll try to contact Ed for me, I’m not holding my breath at this point.

- I’m also thinking of lobbying my state senator to amend the law or at least clarify for someone in my shoes, not sure how far that can go.

- I have looked extensively at BP rifles, shotguns, and revolvers. I will most likely go with both an AGC 12GA BP shotgun using Triple7 pellets and shots + 1858 New Army revolver with 30g pyrodex pellets & round balls (apparently balls do better than wadcutters), but by the time I decided Covid19 happened and I’m now just waiting for things to settle a bit financially. I did get a crossbow and it’s surprisingly powerful & accurate but realized while it’s pretty fun I can’t use it for home defense.

- I also got a Valken M17 paintball gun + Grimburg HP68 first strike rounds (YouTube videos show some pretty interesting level of less lethal power), so that’ll be my primary home defense along with a spear and katana stye machete (years of kendo lessons).

I’m not trying to bad mouth Ed Hershon, just that I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of communication and response.

I’ve done so much reading on BP stuff I think even if I get my 2A rights back I’m going to keep playing with BP guns. Though I’m not sure which firing range around the area allows BP shooting? The 1858 revolvers just seem really fun.

I haven't followed this thread regularly so I don't know who Ed Hershon is, I'd like to know in case a friend gets referred to him for her issue. I can tell you that the NRA was of NO help to my friend. They referred her to a lawyer who said he didn't want her case. She cancelled her NRA membership the next day.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    OP seems more understanding than I would be about selling off his collection. I would have looked for a more temp solution if I planned on fighting it. Send them back to your parents or work an arrangement for storage at an FFL until resolved. From the sound if it, it seems you have the collection on consignment, maybe not too late to work out something with the FFL.

I am still trying to figure out what the actual crime was for posting on a motorcycle forum at work that is punishable up to even 1 year?

That's not happening as he would still need to do a NICS check since they have been transferred to an FFL. Sucks.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    The longer that I am in this hell hole state and hear of stories like this the harder I want to up and leave! So I will! Just got a nice property in WV! I close on the house at the end of this month! Ah the fresh smell of freedom!!!!!! The cherry on the pie is that the book of faces has offered me a job as a systems engineer! Still undecided as to whether or not I'll take that job working for the Zucc. :lol: :party29:

That being said I'll keep fighting the good fight for you guys and will donate to the cause! I'm getting older and need to think about not just my future but my children's future as well. If you value your rights and your property I urge you get out of Maryland! They don't deserve you guys! They don't deserve your hard earned tax dollars! They already have billions of dollars in budget shortfalls! Kick them where it hurts! I've got to imagine that with all of this COVID-19 nonsense they are in deep doo doo financially as they have been for a while now anyway! I hear that WV is much better for retirement too!

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    It's hilarious to me that Maryland insists on driving out middle to upper class folk while mass importing people that pretty much need to be on the government dole. I get it's to keep the tyrants in power but it's really no wonder why they have such huge budget shortfalls! It's only gonna get worse as if it's not bad enough already.

Ciditad

Nov 27, 2019
    I did not read the entire thread. Can you legally build your own pistol or rifle?

No, I cannot. Even though I can buy whatever is allowed in California, and pretty much everywhere else in the USA, and the Fed has no issues with me buying legally sanction firearms, the state of MD and her representative in all their wisdom wrote a law that forbids me from owning one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom