• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...main-image-link&utm_campaign=ar-stoner-legend

So what do people on MDS think of the 350 legend? Is this a niche?

I have read several reviews. It has slightly better ballistics than 300 blackout A conversion I think also requires new mags. One cannot use a 30 cal suppressor. There is probably a 0% chance anywhere in Maryland where its shotgun-only for deer that would start adopting the straight walled cartridge idea.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    For me, I think its a niche. The best attribute the 300blk has is being suppressed, and pretty quiet that way. There are much better choices for supersonic round than the 300BLK.

Very doubtful that any shotgun only area will accept a straight walled cartridge in the near future. Not only that, but the 20 gauge ballistics are decent enough that you probably wouldn't get a significant adopters even if they were accepted.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I’m thinking niche but it seems Ammo manufacturers have picked up on the legend faster than the 300?
    Where is this round most used?

Another thought, with the AR platform not in common use, sarcasm, are people just growing their hobby no matter the caliber/application?

204 Ruger next?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Personally I don't think it serves much of a purpose outside areas that require straight walled cartridges for hunting. I can suppress it with my Liberty Cosmic if I'm reasonable about barrel length, so that is good. Otherwise I'm not impressed with the sectional density of the rounds offered or the fact that it would require nonstandard mags. Maybe that RZE/Ross Unimag would work? Doesn't say so on their website but might give you backwards compatibility in case you give up on the project.

Ultimately if I lived in the areas of the country it was targeted for, I'd probably go with something like a .35 Remington lever action since that can be loaded hot enough to take larger game in the region. But if I really had my heart set on a semi auto straight walled cartridge for deer season, sure. .350 legend seems fine. Otherwise it seems like the round doesn't do anything that .300blk, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.8 SPC can't do.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Niche ATM, in the future not sure. 300 BO can be had in both flavors at Walmart.
    350 was designed for areas in the Midwest that went from shotgun only to straight walled cases. If I were inclined to go that route I think I'd go with 450 Bushmaster.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    350 Legend is the next 224 Valkyrie. No one asked for it, it doesn't really do anything exceptionally better than what came before it, and it's being sustained by marketing hype more than anything else.

Chuck Hawks has a really good comparison write-up that shows how it stacks up against other common AR cartridges:
    https://www.chuckhawks.com/compared_6-5_6-8_300_350.html

6.5 Grendel for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom