• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Thank you for the detail - duck mainly and maybe some goose. Home defense is really an after thought because I have other firearms for that too.

If more duck than goose, barrel length is a decision also. I have a 26"brl with Carlson ext.choke. long barrels could slow down your swing and follow-up shot.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    5 round mag, load 3?

I've yet to use it for actual birds, it'll run low brass reliably, just haven't had any desire to go for birds.

I'll admit, it doesn't 'point' as naturally as my 50+ y.o. 16ga 870 Wingmaster, but I have done respectably when shooting hand-thrown clays with the Saiga.

That won't work for waterfowl unless you can block the mags. even the ability to load more than 3 is a violation, unlike deer where you only have to not fully load a mag more than 8.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That won't work for waterfowl unless you can block the mags. even the ability to load more than 3 is a violation, unlike deer where you only have to not fully load a mag more than 8.

Learn something new every day.

Guess I could always engineer a denial plate for that 5 round mag, if I ever felt the need to take the Saiga out for birds.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Learn something new every day.

Guess I could always engineer a denial plate for that 5 round mag, if I ever felt the need to take the Saiga out for birds.

IIRC, I saw either two or three round Saiga 12 mags for sale, but that was a while ago.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I wonder if it could host a lightning link or RDIAS, giving you a full auto 12 gauge?

That would be brutal :)

I'm hankering for either a DP-12 or a Keltec KSG myself. Need a retirement present :innocent0

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    That would be brutal :)

I'm hankering for either a DP-12 or a Keltec KSG myself. Need a retirement present :innocent0

Have you seen youtube vids of SOT's making F/A Saiga 12's? Crazy, especially when they load up with the MD Arms 20 round drum!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Have you seen youtube vids of SOT's making F/A Saiga 12's? Crazy, especially when they load up with the MD Arms 20 round drum!

How can a person accurately fire a full auto 12 gauge unless the gun weighs 20+ pounds? If I pull the trigger as quickly as possible on my SBE with 3 1/2" waterfowl loads or 3" slugs, the gun is all over the place and quite possibly it is out of my hands.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    How can a person accurately fire a full auto 12 gauge unless the gun weighs 20+ pounds? If I pull the trigger as quickly as possible on my SBE with 3 1/2" waterfowl loads or 3" slugs, the gun is all over the place and quite possibly it is out of my hands.

F/A on low-brass wouldn't be hateful, or even beyond controllable.

F/A on slugs, I'd imagine accuracy would suffer. But if you're buying anything F/A (aside from a M-134d), I don't think accuracy is going to be the driving factor.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    F/A on low-brass wouldn't be hateful, or even beyond controllable.

F/A on slugs, I'd imagine accuracy would suffer. But if you're buying anything F/A (aside from a M-134d), I don't think accuracy is going to be the driving factor.

How is a weapon any good if it cannot put the rounds where you want them?

I understand the cool factor of being able to fire off 20 rounds real quick, but I am more of a practical person. What is the practicality of owning something like that other than to waste a lot of ammo really quickly?

Wonder what a full auto 20 gauge would be like for birds? lol

This thread has gone so far off track, it is AWESOME.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    How is a weapon any good if it cannot put the rounds where you want them?

I understand the cool factor of being able to fire off 20 rounds real quick, but I am more of a practical person. What is the practicality of owning something like that other than to waste a lot of ammo really quickly?

Now you see my dislike of bump stocks. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom