• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Anyone familiar with me knows I am not overly fond of modern plastic 'wondernines'. I have tried a few but always sent them down the road. But cruising through the GSSF website, a cloudy plan formed and today I did paper work on a.....Block! Ummm Glock....17...Gen 4...LNIB....

Then I made an appointment with the 1911 talking doctors...

Yes, I forgot to take pics.. but it looks like this....

Attachments

• 1812913_1108301789324_is.jpg
      1812913_1108301789324_is.jpg
      9 KB · Views: 1,033

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Nothing wrong with owning a Glock. Not every gun has to be a 1911. I have a Red Ryder BB gun myself.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I used to be just like the OP. Not a fan of Glocks at all. Now I own four of them. They're like the 10/22 of the pistol world. You can customize the heck outta them. There is a huge supply of aftermarket parts plus they're very easy to work on.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Since I started as a 1911 guy and now have lost count of the number I own now I will tell you you will be fine. Only own one 1911 now.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm with ya, OP. I respected Glocks, but they never felt right in my hand (the angle was wrong, no grip safety...no thumb safety, where's the damned hammer?too light...very NOT 1911). I bought my first Gock (34 Gen5) this summer :D My excuse was that I had accumulated so many Glock magazines for the Ruger carbine, I might as well just buy a Glock. (And I kinda like it :o)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Still holding out for steel.

But I have succumbed to alloy in moments of weakness.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I have been a 1911 fan since the 70's. I have owned two Glock 23's over the years and never fired either. I am now looking at purchasing a Glock 19. It will be the first 9mm I have owned in my 65 years of existence. Change is possible.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I own three 1911s and four Glocks (well, some are P80s, but you get the point). You can go both ways on this one. The nice thing about Glocks is that there's a lot less hand-fitting to make upgrades work... you want to do work on a 1911, you're usually pulling out some tools and jigs to make it happen.

My G17 is my go-to gun, but I could see picking up a single-stack 9mm 1911 to shoot IDPA SSP with.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Tried the VP 9, it actually was a nice gun. Got a good deal on one. Shot well, reliable and accurate. Fit my hand pretty well. For me, it renewed credibility of striker fire guns after the M&P Pro9 I had vaporized any respect I had for them. But it didn't make a connection. With the Glock and GSSF shooting there is purpose. I like full size guns so this may be just the ticket. LOL....I babble

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom